Merged: Jets DT J. Evans Facing Lifetime Ban...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets DT J. Evans Facing Lifetime Ban......

I think that players can still give their best effort if they do something like drink or smoke weed. As long as they don't do it excessively or put others in danger , then let them do as they please. I agree that it would set a bad example for kids , so make sure you keep it in the privacy of your own home. Any other drugs would be completely different though. Pot is really the only thing I would say is practically harmless.
Anyways, one less jet is always good news. Is that guy any good?

I'd say Evans is a real solid player, last year he had 40 tackles and 6 sacks along with 2 fumble recoveries. The year before he was with Tennessee and had 77 tackles with 5.5 sacks. He is a starter who is projected to split time with Robertson. Was projected that is, who knows now after he already sat out all of 2000 on suspension.

:lol:

What he does in his own time is his business. What you forget is that when you are employed by the NFL, NO TIME is your own time! He can smoke all he wants when he retires (which may be a lot sooner than anticipated, considering this) but while the NFL is paying you you play by their rules.

Do I think it's fair? Not really. I'd like for any non-performance enhancing drug to be off the list of drugs tested for. But them's the rules in this league. I mean, it's not like he can claim he didn't know the rules!

Tough luck for the Jets. I hope they freaking implode.

Re: Jets DT J. Evans Facing Lifetime Ban......

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
This would be great news....

It appears that J. Evans has once again been busted for substance abuse. He says he did not smoke, but the tests are saying otherwise.....

He is now facing a lifetime ban from the NFL, and if he's convicted, his NFL days are all but over.....

WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:lol: :lol:

:eek: Man with all the problems the jest had losing some key veterans in the early part of the offseason, this has to be the icing on the cake for H Edwards ....

The only way this could be better news is if it happened to a Barfalo jills player !!!! Marino1983

NEW YORK -- New York Jets defensive tackle Josh Evans faces a possible lifetime ban from the NFL after testing positive for marijuana use, The New York Times reported Friday.

The newspaper, citing three people familiar with the results of the NFL-administered test, said Evans denied any violation and has appealed the test results.

"I did not use or smoke marijuana,'' Evans told the newspaper Thursday night. "I didn't smoke, I didn't use marijuana in no type of way.''

Evans, who joined the Jets last season after six years with the Tennessee Titans, has been suspended twice by the league for violating its substance-abuse policy. He missed the first four games in 1999 and was suspended for all of the 2000 season.

Evans, tested up to 10 times a month, signed with the Jets last July, two weeks after winning an appeal to have his third substance-abuse suspension overturned.

ESPN Tools
Email story

Most sent

Print story

Daily email

...and the HITS just keeep oon comin'.....

i'm not rooting for anyone that has a problem, he needs help. but the jests just seem to be sinking further and further.

oh yea, so much for that deep D line....:nono:

Looks like Ricky will complete the tri-fecta against AFC East teams when he rushes for over 200 against the Jets this season.:D

I hope he gets help for his abuse problem but it looks like another blow for the Jets.

Originally posted by Dr. Love
Abuse? He just smoked a little, come ON.

Too bad for the jets DL.

I hear what's your saying Dr. Love. However, I can't sympathize with someone who can't stop smoking weed for a little when they're getting paid good money. All I hear from people that smoke marijuana is that it's not addictive. If you can't stop smoking for 8 years, or however long your career is, during brief periods of time, then I can't sympathize with you.

:eat: Someone got the munchies.

Sucks for him, But it was in his contract.I seem to remember the patriots having a load of problems the year they won the Superbowl......I kept thinking; that the only thing that I was shur of was it was gona be a sorry year for the Pats......Freeagents...who wouldah thunk it?

Back
Top Bottom