Merged: Jets DT J. Evans Facing Lifetime Ban...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets DT J. Evans Facing Lifetime Ban......

I don't feel sorry for Evans either. I know recreational drugs aren't performance-enhancing but you also have to realize that the rules are in place because these guys are role models for young children. Maybe they didn't ask to be role models. But by playing for the NFL and accepting all the glitz and glamor that goes with, you are accepting the job description. Your team doesn't just own you during games and practice. They own your body, and its ability to perform, and what you do on your "own time" like smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol, most certainly affects what your body can do when they get you in practice and in games. Sound unfair? This is why these guys are getting paid millions of dollars while we get by paycheck to paycheck. Go cry me a river.

I don't mind seeing a career end like this at all. In fact, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I have no sympathy whatsoever for a guy that can't stay clean in the NFL to take advantage of the fame and get your money. Its simple, you violate the rules, you don't make the money. Sometimes there are all kinds of rules that you have to follow or get fired and you may not agree with them but you still have to follow them and don't get to break them and get away with it just because you don't agree. Now he gets to try and make things work in the real world with the rest of us poor schmucks who weren't fortunate enough to be born with the god-given talent that he has.

I totally agree..plus our Military is under the same rules and they get paid a whole lot less, and risk a whole lot more....If these young men and women can do it..so should high price Sports performers..But I too like to beat a team at their best, not a watered down version of the team..when you beat the best, you are the best. So I don't like them losing a guy this way either..

First off about the last statement there, the Jets are losing a guy they knew was a risk. They signed both Larry Webster and Josh Evans for help at DT for bargain basement prices because both were like on step 9 out of 10 of the "you're outta the league" drug track. So they got these two guys helping their team last season for bargain prices because of the drug risks, and now that drug risk is bearing out with Evans so they are paying the price. Its like saying "I don't like seeing the Jets lose Laveraneous Coles because I like beating the team at their best" I mean, they made a decision to allow Coles to leave. As such they made a decision when signing Evans, that they were going to rely on him even though he could be out the door just for being late to a drug testing.

And about the military thing excellent observation. In fact, it has me envisioning some quasi-futuristic world like in those sci-fi movies where somehow we actually do meld professional sports with the military. I mean could you imagine re-naming our military divisions to stuff like "The Sand Snakes" or "Jungle Dragons" and basing them out of various cities, then fans get to watch their raids on like closed-circuit television pay-per-view or somethin, with all kinds of like merchandising and whatnot. Think of the websites, following personnel transactions "Today the Atlanta Slip Knots have traded Lt. John Marshall to the Fort Worth Jar Heads in return for an undisclosed pick in the upcoming 2004 Military Draft. Marshall functioned as a Sniper and had 5 confirmed kills last season."

I'm gonna go buy a jersey right now!

Top Ten Reasons Why Evans Test came up positive..

#1 "They offered him marijuana as an incentive in his contract!"

#2 "He was hanging out with Santanna Moss and inhaled some smoke and came up positive.."

#3 "It's because he's Black!"

#4 He can't count to 10

#5 He thought it was suppose to be a written test...

#6 He thought it was parsley seeds in his Salad

#7 The off season losses drove him into depression...

#8 "Can't a brother enjoy his Vacation?"

#9 Ok, it wasn't just Santanna....Herm also was smoking...

#10 He didn't want to play for a 4 & 12 team this year anyway!!!

Before you blast me I know its in poor taste. I still found it amusing. Fire away.:D

he reminds me roughly of Demetrius Underwood and Cecil the Diesel Collins, who said in an interview about a year ago that when he gets out (at the time he would be 37, but i think the sentence was reduced since then) he would want to play again....

Collins played well until he broke into a womans house...moron

I dont even have to say anything about Underwood, i guess every team has their group O' idiots

Oh, and Lawrence Phillips lol, boy did JJ take his chances with all these guys....

One less Jet player the better, good thing that there arent any morons on the fins team (at least they havent been spotted)

Back
Top Bottom