MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

dude, nyjunc is a jets fan... they as far as we know *wink* haven't used video tape. and our former guys always go to the Pats

All I know is it all goes to the same place when I flush!

and tell 'em thanks NYJUNC, this rates right up there with letting Chad walk and firing Mangini cause Brett's injured.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Groh was in charge of our draft in 2000. Parcells only move was the "trade" for belichick. I'm sure he was involed but groh had final say.[/quote]
:lol2: Pass the bong dude!

Check Parcells track record as a GM in charge of drafts, it's not very good and it was terrible from 1997-1999 then in 2000 all of a sudden we have a great draft- coincidence? I don't think so.

You guys aren't getting him cheap. He was let go because he wants money... He wants a long term deal and the Jets aren't willing to pay him one because he has injury issues right now. He has had multiple concussions, so they are nervous. His play also has dropped off.

Tim Graham must have some Miami sources as well, considering he worked for the PBP.

Besides the Parcells and Pennington factors, Florida is also Coles' home state. Combine that with no state income tax and a chance to stick it to his former team twice a year and a lot of dots start to connect.

Check Parcells track record as a GM in charge of drafts, it's not very good and it was terrible from 1997-1999 then in 2000 all of a sudden we have a great draft- coincidence? I don't think so.

Drafts classes are notoriously hit or miss. Using your brillant logic I guess Parcells drafted for the Cowboys in 2004, then decided not to draft for them in 2005, then suddenly decided to draft for them again in 2006.

You guys aren't getting him cheap. He was let go because he wants money... He wants a long term deal and the Jets aren't willing to pay him one because he has injury issues right now. He has had multiple concussions, so they are nervous. His play also has dropped off.

Sometimes guys squawk about money because they want out. Not saying that's explicitly the case here, but it could factor in if he has questions about where he stands with the new Jets' regime. I'd love to see him in Miami, but his most likely role for us is as a WR mentor and "move the chains" guy. How much do you pay guys like that? Not as much as they want, most of the time. Maybe Pennington will weigh in and that will be enough to make the Fins pony up enough cash to make it happen.

I have to say regardless of where he ends up or how much he gets from that team, I question his sanity in giving up a cool $6mil just to get out of NY. It was a heck of a gamble on his part.

You didn't have first round picks two of those years, one for Curtis Martin, the other for Parcells himself.

In 2000, you had four first-round picks. So if you are going to give Groh all the credit (which, IMO, you can't) be sure you point out he had all those high picks to work with.

Parcells respects Groh, but I guarantee there is no way he didn't have a say in that 2000 draft.

I was reading a blog on Sun Sentinel and they said that the Trifecta fancies a couple of the WR's in the draft but they expect them to sign a free agent WR "a grizzled veteran to mentor the young WR". Coles definitely fits the bill there and he already has the chemistry with Pennington. I hope he is signed immediately he is a warrior.

Getting Coles now means that Ireland has much more options on draft day.

He could teach Ginn jr a thing or too as well...

Q: So, Lavernius....how much would you pay to get away from that franchise and that town?

A: Whatever it takes!

Omg am I reading this correctly? "Jets released Coles".....I just can't believe my eyes!

and last year we were talking david circus LOL

Back
Top Bottom