MERGED: Jim Bates Front-Runner for Packers... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jim Bates Front-Runner for Packers...

Roman529 said:
Great News...I did not want Bates going to New England and giving them all "our secrets." :D

You know i thought about this too, however i figured with a new system our secrets from last year would no longer matter since our defense would have a new DC & a new scheme.

Coach Bates left to explore the opportunities of head coaching. He didnt get that opportunity. So in summation, he left a good defense and warm weather for the same job with less talent in the tundra. Oh well, not sure if saban wanted him along for the ride anyways.

Honestly, I don't really have a feel for what Bates can do as DC for another team without those 9+ probowlers on it.

Roman529 said:
Great News...I did not want Bates going to New England and giving them all "our secrets." :D
:roflmao: secrets on being 4-12? I am not being disrespectful to your post, I just thought in context of this season, it was really funny.

I am STOKED for him...I hope he takes the place of Mike Sherman as head coach in time...he really does deserve a shot!

KB21 said:
I question whether this is a stable situation for him.

It seems that whenever a GM/HC gets his GM title stripped from his name, that guy immediately goes on the hot seat. If Green Bay doesn't start off well, Jim Bates could find himself in another interim situation.

Yea, but if so, maybe he impresses enough to get the head nod.

I don't get it ??? :confused:

he leaves Miami, for the armpit of the world ??? To do the same job he was doing here ???? :confused2:

this is good for the development of Nick Barnett and Batman Carroll, but other than that, he's got alot of work to do.

Bates Accepts Pack Job

Espn Bottom line says they will announce him as new DC

Back
Top Bottom