Merged: JUST HEARD THE MCMICHAEL interview..HE WILL NOT HOLD OUT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JUST HEARD THE MCMICHAEL interview..HE WILL NOT HOLD OUT

If he is smart and has half of a brain he will be doing everything Linehan and Saban tell him to. This new offense caters to TE's. If he plays his cards right he will be one of the top TE's closing in on FA. He will get paid IF he works his butt off and makes plays. The opportunity will be there in this O.

Yeah, I was really excited about that and I really hope that he lives up to his word. The only problem is that his Agent is a guy by the name of Drew Rosenhaus. (Do I really have to explain why there still might be any concern?) I really hope McMichael lives up to his word, and I'm really glad he stated that he would not hold out in his interview. If this is the case, we might be better off just waiting until Free Agency next year and placing the franchise tag on him (If we can't agree on a long term contract right away). Either way, I'm happy with the situation.

Here is Randy's quote from the interview...

"Why would I want to hold out? what does that prove? what is that gonna prove to anybody by holding out..I love playing this game so I wouldn’t run away from it so that’s not even in the back of my mind at all.â€Â

miami_mi said:
I like McMike, but he's got to improve on his blocking. There were a lot of mental mistakes last year, and McMike missed a few blocks. But, he's good, hope he stays with us for a while.

I watched four interviews, what I got from all four of them was there was NO coaching from last year. Look for much improvement next year from all players solely from improved coaching.

He better stay true to his word. He's got too much to prove to be wasting time holding out. EARN your big payday Randy. I don't think he deserves to get paid like a Tony Gonzalez just yet.

Rich22 said:
If he is smart and has half of a brain he will be doing everything Linehan and Saban tell him to. This new offense caters to TE's. If he plays his cards right he will be one of the top TE's closing in on FA. He will get paid IF he works his butt off and makes plays. The opportunity will be there in this O.

This is very true...McMike CAN be a major factor in this offense...but he has to stay focused and will have to block better on some plays. With his speed up the middle, that really gives Linehan an option he didn't have in Minny.

TerryTate said:
Here is Randy's quote from the interview...

"Why would I want to hold out? what does that prove? what is that gonna prove to anybody by holding out..I love playing this game so I wouldn’t run away from it so that’s not even in the back of my mind at all.â€Â
Drew was in the background yelling, "NOOOO!". :lol:

FireWrongstedt said:
He better stay true to his word. He's got too much to prove to be wasting time holding out. EARN your big payday Randy. I don't think he deserves to get paid like a Tony Gonzalez just yet.

He dropped a lot of balls last season but I refuse to judge anyone on last years offense based on such grotesque instability on the sidelines. IMO, Randy needs a pro bowl year for the phins/saban to give him a huge payday..

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
he is up there in the class of tony gonzalez and i think he might be better than shockey just my opinion.

i wouldn't quite put him in the "class" of gonzalez...maybe someday. gonzalez is a truely special player. he is, in my opinion, definitely better than shockey and i think he is a top 5 TE. he should prove his worth this year and cash in huge barring any unfortunate "issues".

Shockey is one of the most over rated players in the league

Randy ranks here on my list

1. Tony Gonzalez
2. Antonio Gates
3. Todd Heap
4. Randy McMichael
5. Alge Crumpler

Buddwalk said:
Shockey is one of the most over rated players in the league

Randy ranks here on my list

1. Tony Gonzalez
2. Antonio Gates
3. Todd Heap
4. Randy McMichael
5. Alge Crumpler

That is my top list as well. Shockey runs his mouth, and doesn't back it up.

FinzManiac said:
McMichael is a Top 5 recieving Tight end in the NFL...

Hope we don't lose him anytime soon...
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom