Merged: K. Johnson a Phin, yes or no? / Keyshawn Would Fit Our System | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: K. Johnson a Phin, yes or no? / Keyshawn Would Fit Our System

Do you want K. Johnson as a Phin?

• Yes!! give him the Damn ball!!

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • NO!! get him outta FL period!!

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters

SuavePhin

Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)
Reaction score
K. Johnson a Phin, yes or no?

while i have a pretty good idea what the majority will be i thought id put up a post and contribute a little more.
So, who wants Johnson?? personally i do NOT want the arrogant little pri*k :evil:

I was wondering how long it would take someone to talk about him going to Miami. Took longer than I thought.

NO F#$&^@! WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say yes largely because after this debacle, I really do not think his asking price can be very high.

I'll put it this way. If we trade for him after the season, the Bucs eat the remaining portion of a $13 million signing bonus. In that case, we would be scheduled to pay him a base of $5 mil in 2004, $5 mil in 2005, $8 mil in 2006, and $9.5 mil in 2007. Of course, these are the last 4 years of an 8 year contract, and Keyshawn was never meant to see the 2006 salary anyway...so it would be easy to renegotiate the whole thing, lop off some salary in the first two years and put it as a signing bonus.

But no team will do this unless the Bucs ask something cheap for him in trade. And the Buccaneers will probably not ask for a cheap price, they will want a first round pick or something. So the chances any team will trade with him are minimal.

Which means....he'll be a June 1st casualty. Cut during June when teams have very little money. His asking price will be forced to lower to demand. Poor Keyshawn will probably be forced to sign a 2 year contract meant to be cut after 1 year, and will only see at most $2 million.

I don't care if he wants to be the water boy. His mouth and his attitude only serve to hurt the team. When he speaks, its seemingly only about himself and that just divides the team.

While he may have talent, his mouth shadows that fact. See Randy Moss if you still need to understand what I'm talking about. Personally, I'd rather had Air Bud as our receiver then him.

He may be a jerk, but he's worth it at the right price.....he's better than McKnight or Thompson.

Keyshawn Johnson would fit in our system as a go to guy since chambers isn't.

Not saying that we should get Keyshawn johnson or anything but since we don't have another receiver that can get open for us or play consistent then keyshawn wouldn't be a bad choice. As a go to guy with the Jets he was an outstanding receiver, until he got to tampa and played under an inconsistent system. Fact the matter is that Chambers weather he is double teamed or not isn't playing like a possesion receiver aka the leader among receivers. One of the reasons that Jerry Rice was good, his ability to get open.

Keyshawn has lacked of speed but knows how to get open and that is a plus for our system. We still have talent developing at receiver and no one seems to step up other than our tight end. I believe after the offensive line is covered up then we should be cementing players that can actualy get it done on offense. The quarterback department with Brian Griese in is pretty much solid weather you accept it or not. We just need some guys that can protect the pass and give the man some room to make plays and griese can make big plays in the passing game. How do you think succesful passing games have been made under guys like warner and the man that you know that replaced warner? Those guys aren't the best passers while on pressure but they can definately throw the ball with accuracy.

His poor attitude and his big mouth aren't worth the trouble IMO.

He isn't in the Jets organization because of his consistant whining. His mouth got him into problems. Thus he's no longer there.
Now then he goes to a good organization with the Buc's. But yet again, he opens his mouth and lets it overshadow any talent he may of had. And now where is he at? The same place he was in the first place. A player looking for a team.
What does it say that when you're the 3rd leading receiver for a team and they just simply cut ties with you and tell you "don't worry about coming in"?
Tells me a lot about his lack of character. With KJ, it's never been about the team only about himself. I don't think we need that kind of presence in our locker room today or tomorrow.
Just my 2 cents.

No offense but why does this argument deserve a new thread considering the two Keyshawn threads that already exist?

No way is his mouth and lockerroom cancer even close to the risk. Not even if he played for free.

I'm going about it as it comes and I'm looking forward to working out and continuing to stay healthy and look and see what happens next year. I don't know what's going to happen but I just want to be a part of a football team that I could give my services to."

quote from keyshawn

Alright whatever man but when someone starts a whole other thread about a subject that is being discussed in like 2 other threads concurrently, to me it always seems like some guy who feels his personal opinion is so important that he needs to get onto a soap box and shout so that everyone hears it, rather than just continuing to discuss with the group.

Back
Top Bottom