Merged: Keys To Winning This Week | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Keys To Winning This Week

The offense was scoring TDs in the red zone more than FGs which is something I haven't seen them do all season. That to me means that the offense as a whole played a good game.

thecoordinator said:
i spent about 4 minutes breaking down film, and i think the game will come down to this...If Joey throws 7 INTs, we will lose.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Key to winning any games....

1. No turnovers
2. execution on both offense and defense
3. Play with fire and emotion like they did last Sunday

On a side note, Ronnie Brown needs to learn now to CUT BACK and hit those holes that open up. If he learns how to do that on a regular basis, he will get his yards and TD's

We have been pretty good against the run. I would expect us to contain LJ for the most part. I would be more worried about the secondary giving up the big play. With us focused on stopping the run, the play action could be very affective. Hopefully the front 7 can handle the run for the most part and let the safeties not have to worry too much about the run.

EAZY 0 said:
i spent about 4 hours breaking down film, and i think the game will come down to this...

Larry Johnson's longest run. With the injury to the Chiefs RG, im expecting them to do a lot of outside running. look for a lot of sweeps and tosses. If Larry has a run over 30 yards, we will lose. If his longest run is under 30 yards, we win.

the chief's have speedy receivers, but their ball skills are suspect. I think we will try to man up on those guys, and bring a safety into the box, and to also "bracket" Gonzo.
man i dont know about all that but the key is plain and simple, stop LJ

EAZY 0 said:

• joey needs to take what the defense gives him. he cannot force the ball into coverage. KCs defensive backs are pretty good, and the Chiefs almost exclusively play a cover 2 scheme. there will be a lot of opprotunities for the passing game, but joey cannot throw into coverage.
  • Randy McMichael. Going against a cover 2, the TE is going to get plenty of opprotunities attacking the seams. McMichael will be blocking less, and will have more opprotunies in the passing game. If he doesn't play well, our chances of winning are highly impacted.
  • LB coverage. Larry Johnson is going to get his yards. He will get 80-100 yards. The key is stopping him from breaking the big ones. We cannot afford to give up a 70 yd run like we did against Green Bay. I think the biggest key will be stopping LJ from becoming a threat in the passing game. Gonzalez will be bracketed with a LB and a safety.
  • Defensive Backs making tackles. The Chiefs will counter our ability to get pressure on the QB by running a lot of spread formations. They will run a lot of 3-step drops. They have fast WRs and will look to slice through our defense. With the attention Gonzalez will get, the CBs will have less LB help on the quick slants and in's.
I think this game has the potential to go until the last second. KC is rolling on offense, and the Dolphins defense is playing at a very high level. The key will be Joey limiting his mistakes. This will be a game of field position and turnovers. Whoever wins those two areas will be victorious Sunday.

You forgot one

. Huard must play a stinker of a game like Grossman did and turn the ball over 6 times. :m83:

MR NFLFAN said:
You forgot one

. Huard must play a stinker of a game like Grossman did and turn the ball over 6 times. :m83:

I would be happy if Huard plays as badly as Brady did versus the Colts. That should be enough:goof:

run-ronnie-run said:
man i dont know about all that but the key is plain and simple, stop LJ
And contain T. Gonzalez when they pass (has been difficult for the Dolphins in the past). Make Huard throw to WR's to win. Also, win the turnover battle and capitalize. Finally, the X-Factor (must eliminate this variable). These things should win the game but can the Phins do it? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom