[MERGED] Latest DeAngelo Hall Status | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Latest DeAngelo Hall Status

tlb05f

Rookie
Reaction score
Just read on NFL.com in the Free Agents section:

March 16: The Falcons could be close to trading Hall to the Raiders for second- and sixth-round picks, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Hall and his representatives are negotiating a contract with the Raiders, but Hall said Saturday night that he did not believe a deal was imminent. More

Anyways, I would go crazy if thats all it takes, we could offer them a better 2nd and a better 6th. Hell Id swap 1sts' and give em 2b if we had to. Come on BP lets not let this FA slide, he would easily be the biggest pre-draft move

Just read on NFL.com in the Free Agents section:

March 16: The Falcons could be close to trading Hall to the Raiders for second- and sixth-round picks, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Hall and his representatives are negotiating a contract with the Raiders, but Hall said Saturday night that he did not believe a deal was imminent. More

Anyways, I would go crazy if thats all it takes, we could offer them a better 2nd and a better 6th. Hell Id swap 1sts' and give em 2b if we had to. Come on BP lets not let this FA slide, he would easily be the biggest pre-draft move

He's not a free agent. That's why the trade talks are happening.

Regardless, I'd rather not have a player who lost a game single-handedly by having a meltdown and getting enough yards in penalties to assure a loss.

Perhaps you are missing the point that Hall is looking for a contract in the $57 million range over 6 years.

I'm not even sure Hall is worth 2 picks/players to a team that is rebuilding...which we definitely are.

Not every player, is a player that would fit the Dolphins...I'll leave that up to the Dolphins management.

Giving up two draft picks plus a contract that soaks up the rest of our non-rookie salary cap? Enjoy Oakland, DeAngelo...

update
ESPN's John Clayton reports the contract DeAngelo Hall is expected to sign after he's acquired by Oakland will be for six years and over $50 million.
Nnamdi Asomugha is going to want (and deserve) at least that. Asante Samuel's with the Eagles was for six years and $57.14 million. Clayton says Raiders owner Al Davis is pulling out all the stops to make this deal a reality.
pixel-1.gif

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports trade talks between the Raiders and Falcons involving DeAngelo Hall hit a stall late Monday.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran a report claiming the exact opposite earlier this afternoon. Schefter says it no longer appears as though the trade will happen. If it's a cap space issue for the Raiders, they could clear some room by releasing LaMont Jordan and Stuart Schweigert.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports trade talks between the Raiders and Falcons involving DeAngelo Hall hit a stall late Monday.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran a report claiming the exact opposite earlier this afternoon. Schefter says it no longer appears as though the trade will happen. If it's a cap space issue for the Raiders, they could clear some room by releasing LaMont Jordan and Stuart Schweigert.

Man everything keeps changing lol. Yeah they could cut Schweigert, Jordan and Rhodes.

Cutting Jordan.....sounds like another Jordan that was cut ...hmm.......

UPDATE the never ending saga

Prior to trade talks with Oakland, DeAngelo Hall's contract demands reportedly killed trades to Jacksonville and the Giants.

He could be asking for more money than Asante Samuel. Hall thinks he's better than he is and is three years younger than Samuel, so that probably would justify it in his mind. Talks between the Raiders and Falcons reached a standstill late Monday, but owner Al Davis could easily get the wheels spinning again with money.
Source: Profootballtalk.com

AND still one more update..
http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/18/halltradeburst_0319.html
According to Hall it's going to get done.
With all this talk about Hall going to Oakland, one thing that is being ignored is the Falcons are going to have 4 picks out of the first 48. Their 1st, their own 2nd, the 2nd rd pick from the Texans for Schaub, plus Oakland's 2nd. If they do it right, they're going to be a strong team again real soon.

deangelo hall

the deal with the raiders is pretty much finalized, i just dont understand why we didnt pull the trigger to get this guy, now i definitly would not of givin up are 1st round pick but come on oakland gave atlanta a 2nd rounder for him, we have two 2nd rounders and we need a shutdown corner desperatly, i understand that we added some DL help and a better pass rush always makes the corners look better but come on here thats a move we shoulda made, he's gettin a little less then asante samuel money but i still would of done it, he's well worth miami just always passes on top flight players year after year i think its stupid

You are making an assumption that Parcells and/or Ireland did not contact Atlanta about Hall. Maybe it was the fact that Oakland included a 6th round pick that secured the trade for Hall to Oakland instead of Miami.

I don't know, maybe Parcells and Ireland didn't want to give what amounts to $9-10 million per year to DeAngelo.

I could have sworn we are trying to rebuild this team through the draft.

DeAngelo Hall to Raiders for 7yrs $70 million

I just saw on NFL Live, Raiders to trade 2nd round pick for D. Hall. They are rumored to give him a 7 year $70 million contract. I like DeAngelo, but good lord I'm glad the dolphins didn't go after him and give him that ridiculous contract. It hasn't been officially completed, but these are the details.

Source: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114256&id=2773

Back
Top Bottom