Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

Greenway had a tremendous pro day recently where he literally ran the 40 faster by a full 2 tenths of a second, jumped 6 inches higher, and benched the bar 3 more times. The vertical especially shows that basically, he just had a bad day at the Combine. It happens. Sometimes if you don't eat your wheaties...

That picture of Lawson is just sick. Talk about having a bad day at the Combine though, he got 39.5 inches on the vertical. I KNOW he's capable of 46 inches. I mean heck look at that photo!

Though meanless at this point, still some imput from an espn chat a few minutes ago

Kevin (D.C.): I heard rumours that Lavar Arrington was considering going to Jacksonville. Any truth to this?

clear.gif
Jeremy Green: (4:19 PM ET ) Jacksonville and Miami seem to be the most likely destinations. Right now I would give the edge to Miami if the money is similar. Miami's LB Coach George Edwards has been a solid mentor to Arrington from their days in Washington.

The important thing to note about Ernie Sims is his undersized problems are overblown and if you see him on the field you'll know why. He's 5'11" and 230+ pounds right now...he aims to be 240 pounds.

You want to see a big difference? Stack up a 6'3" 240 pound guy next to a 5'11" 240 pound guy and let me know which you see as being the more explosive powder keg of power. Sims is STOUT. He'll have no trouble being physical with blockers or crunching the crap out of runners...no more than Zach or Tedy Bruschi that's for sure.

The only area he'll have trouble, is in zone coverage I believe that his 5'11" frame will not be as physically imposing on the passing lanes as a 6'3" guy would be. Boomer has an excellent point though, at 5'11" Sims DOES have a 41 inch vertical...so his instincts and his ability to jump after the ball MAY make up for the lack of height. I think Sims would be great at the weak side spot in this D. But, who do you move to strong side? If you get Arrington for that, where do you put Crowder? Even worse, does drafting Sims mean you're finally cutting Zach loose?

hopefully if we do sign arrington, we would release one of our back up linebackers, maybe spragan or pope, just to save money b/c u know arrington is gonna be real expensive

I thought he was meeting with the Jags on Saturday, so how can we get him today........I hope we get him, but i don't think by days end, maybe by tomorrow's day end!

well if he realizes...like most news agencies r reporting that JAx is gonna only to be willing to pay what miami is, then miami has the upperhand...and he might sign....or if we decide to up our offer....other than that...we have to wait til sunday

miamidolfan1354 said:
and a tidbit for mr. color wheel, a "CORRAL" is what keeps the horses, cows and all the other farm animals from running all over the place. "CORAL", actually, is the word for the color you were looking for. haha show some respect and get it right
:lol:

It's a little more fun in Miami where you've got South Beach, which means beautiful models etc. than Jacksonville by comparison is dullsville. Rob Konrad doesn't seem to like Arrington for the Dolphins at all and spoke against him on 790 last night. He pointed out that in his opinion LaVar is not a Football first kind of guy and there were problems in Washington and even said that getting him is a risk on par with Rickey Williams. He also mentioned that his best position is Sam linebacker and that's where Crowder played last year. He said that Crowder played very well and is not expensive for the Dolphins. I'm not going to be too upset if we don't end up with Arrington.

Nublar7 said:
Odds are he won't sign with us. :cry:

amd thas ok arrington is not a difference maker and wont get you over the hump

jclar569 said:
lavar is set to visit miami again within the next 2 days

:link:

And no- not if he goes to Jax first. They likely wouldnt let him leave.

jclar569 said:
lavar is set to visit miami again within the next 2 days

Has that been confirmed by anyone? If we haven't put enough on the table for an appetizer he'll be canceling that meeting with us too.

SR 7 said:
I believe by days end, LaVar will be a Phin. jags aren't going to pay him more then 5 a year and in miami they said he wont have to carry the load and that it might give him the better situation.

Sr7...getting pretty close to the end of the day...I'm not going to read any more of your posts if you reneg on this one !!!

LOLOLOL

AquaAssasin said:
When was the last time you seen a LB from a dom capers 3-4 defense drop back into coverage. There hasnt been too many LB that are good in coverage in a 3-4.

Its a blitzing D and he is acually better suited for it..

And if you had an idea about Saban's defensive philosophy you'd know he mixes up his blitzes, coverages and responsibilities. Yes, Arrington's job is suited quite well for blitzing, but that doesn't mean that Saban (Or Capers) will do it to the point of being overly predictable.

Back
Top Bottom