Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

I hope JAx gives him his goddamn money...and he tears his injury prone knee up the first game....go phins

Doakle said:
McDuffie said a few minutes ago on 790 the ticket, the following info:

He said he spoke with Arrington last night (they both went to Penn State). Arrington said his first choice is definitely Miami, but whilst their offer is respectable, it is not at the level he is looking for. He did though then go onto say that if he makes it to his planned trip to Jacksonville, he feels he will probably end up staying there and signing with the Jaguars.

The overall feeling seems to be that Miami will sign Arrington if nobody else steps up and offers his asking price. If the Jags get close to that price during his visit this weekend though, that'll be that.

No link etc, this is what I heard while listening earlier :dolphins:

This tells me right there that we won't be signing him.

When's the last time you saw Saban blink?

Doakle said:
...He said he spoke with Arrington last night (they both went to Penn State). Arrington said his first choice is definitely Miami...
I was hoping that OJ would get involved in the recruitment process. Getting Arrington would be a great addition. He was a dominant freak at Penn State. He would be a much better fit for Saban's system than the current system in Washington.

I just hope they take his stupid car commercials off the air here in DC. :D

Nick has got a plan with or without Lavar. If Lavar wants to be on a championship team then it's up to him, or he could say "Show Me The Money":wink:

Finsfalife said:
I hope JAx gives him his goddamn money...and he tears his injury prone knee up the first game....go phins

Thats just not right :shakeno:

Lavar has done nothing negative to our orginization

Doakle said:
McDuffie said a few minutes ago on 790 the ticket, the following info:

He said he spoke with Arrington last night (they both went to Penn State). Arrington said his first choice is definitely Miami, but whilst their offer is respectable, it is not at the level he is looking for. He did though then go onto say that if he makes it to his planned trip to Jacksonville, he feels he will probably end up staying there and signing with the Jaguars.

The overall feeling seems to be that Miami will sign Arrington if nobody else steps up and offers his asking price. If the Jags get close to that price during his visit this weekend though, that'll be that.

No link etc, this is what I heard while listening earlier :dolphins:

according to an article jax might be out of picture as the "doe" might be too much.

I dont care either way, because if we don't get Lavar then we Manny Lawson or Chad Greenway... If we do we might have a number of options on defense: Tye Hill, Bunkley (if he slips), KO simpson... or offensively: Chad Jackson, or a surprise pick Justice (if he falls), Jonathan Scott, and I can even argue for a slight trade down to pick up a guy like Mangold since we just resigned Mckinney and missed out on Mawae, Betley, Hartwig etc

"according to an article jax might be out of picture as the "doe" might be too much."

is that sarcasm I hear? I have seen about 5 posts with the word "doe" in it, and I keep wondering if we're talking about money or deer. For those that might not know any better, the word you're looking for is "dough", which is a reference to the word "bread", which is commonly used as an alternate word for money. Thank you for attending my class and have a meritorious day.

who wants a guy where 30 mil is not enough? Fogedaboutit!

This doesnt worry me too much. I have doubts about the Jags breaking the bank just for LaVar cuz they have other worries on their team. I still think we have a huge shot at getting him due to our staff, location, and our bright future. UNLESS, some team all of a sudden gets some extra money in their pocket like Seattle did and signed Julian Peterson. Then I would get a little worried.

As for Chad Greenway keep in mind he's not the same caliber LB that LaVar Arrington is. AJ Hawk is the same caliber LB that LaVar Arrington is. Chad Greenway is a full step below that.

He will also probably not be available at #16. He had some very compelling results at his pro day recently. He literally jumped 6 inches higher in the vertical, benched 3 more reps, and ran a full 0.2 seconds faster in the 40 than at the Combine. The better 40 time at a pro day is usually suspect because of a faster track, but consider that WR Clinton Solomon ran a 4.55 at the Combine, and ran a pair of 4.55's at his pro day. Some tracks are faster than others, and Solomon's times show that Iowa's track isn't necessarily all that faster than the Combine tracks. Put that together with the 3 more bench reps and a full 6 inches more vertical, and you've got a more complete story...showing that basically, Greenway was having a BAD DAY at the Combine, pure and simple. Athletes wake up some days and depending on diet, what they've gone through recently (sometimes jet lag), water weight composition, etc...they just don't have the same edge they usually do for one reason or another (eat your Wheaties). At his pro day, Greenway showed that he's every bit the athletic story that he has been known to be until he turned in poor Combine results.

I'm penciling him in as the Browns' pick at #12, but he could go to Detroit at #9 if Huff is gone. The Browns need a linebacker pretty bad, and Phil Savage is notorious for basically disregarding Combine measurements. When you look at the game tapes, Greenway is athletic enough to blanket the fastest receivers in coverage (he blanketed Chad Jackson in the Outback Bowl) and he's mentally tough, makes all kinds of plays, always gets to the ball, and has all the intangibles you could want. I would be very, very surprised if Greenway gets past #12.

As for this news, the Jags have the cap room to offer more money than us that is not the issue. The issue is will they go through with it. Arrington basically just admitted to McDuffie that he is giving the Phins the right of first refusal. If the Jags put an offer on the table he likes, he's going to tell Miami what the offer is, and we will have a choice. Do we come close to it and bring him to Miami? Or do we let him go. If Miami says to him listen, we'll match that...come visit us again...then you can damn well bet he'd be down here for another visit.

Back
Top Bottom