Merged: Madison to the Eagles??/Restructure and traded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison to the Eagles??/Restructure and traded

DeDolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Madison to the Eagles??

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1078567695317662.xml

Sounds possible but i don't look for a trade tho. IMO, the eagles will wait patiently untli he is cut and then swoop in. Madsion would then be gone, but probably after 6/1 tho, and the only thing we'll get would be a 6+mil savings in salary. Some of these finer detailed things, I'm wondering out loud what advantage it may have been to shop him for a trade b4 FA began.

figures we give up a 2nd for feely and they pay nothing for madison sounds about right for the dolphins:cool:

i thought that madison was taking a paycut on monday....was that not true? madision is going to stay on this team no matter wut. Sam to me is worth a 1st rounder...especially from the eagles...they have like number 29 anyway right? but if we get there 2nd rounder then that means we basically traded a.j/feely for madison..to me thats pretty ****ty. for right now anyway.:rolleyes:

And we open up almost 3 mil in cap space though. The equivalent of Reggie Howards contract so then would you trade Madison for Howard and Feely? I sure as hell would.

Yeah, I heard Madison was restructuring, and would be here next year.

Madison may be agreeing to a new contract....with the Eagles. Think about it. Howard was a starter in Carolina. Why would he agree to come to Miami as a backup behind Madison and Surtain when there were other teams out there with starting positions available. Plus, $21.7M over six years is not backup money. Madison is gone. I'm sure they were in negotiations with Madison at the same time they were with Howard, but I think it's very unlikely now that Miami keeps both of them.

I magine the secondary of a restructured madison, Surtain and Howard.....:jawdrop:

walle and JT rushing......

INT CITY BABY!!

Originally posted by phibnsfan1221
figures we give up a 2nd for feely and they pay nothing for madison sounds about right for the dolphins:cool:

:D That's part of my point!! :eek:

eagles fan ---Madison may be agreeing to a new contract....with the Eagles. Think about it. Howard was a starter in Carolina. Why would he agree to come to Miami as a backup behind Madison and Surtain when there were other teams out there with starting positions available. Plus, $21.7M over six years is not backup money. Madison is gone. I'm sure they were in negotiations with Madison at the same time they were with Howard, but I think it's very unlikely now that Miami keeps both of them.

I disagree with u here...Madison is not going to the eagles..he is restructuring on monday. so i dont think he is going anywhere..

Back
Top Bottom