Merged: Madison to the Eagles??/Restructure and traded | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison to the Eagles??/Restructure and traded

TO is a Raven nut case and the Ravens are just finding out about it! You do not want this Cancer on our team! How does he go play ball with this team(Ravens) after what he said about them. Mark my words the Ravens will rule the day they got into this mess!

wow, if Madison re-structures and we keep him....how sick will our secondary be? We're 3 deep with starting caliber CBs, we have a nasty, playmaking hit machine at SS and a speedy cover guy a FS (i dont care what anybody else says, Freemans pretty good). If we do end up keeping O-gun, our defense is gonna make every OC on our schedule next yr literally **** themselves, lol.

Originally posted by REAL DEAL
TO is a Raven nut case and the Ravens are just finding out about it! You do not want this Cancer on our team! How does he go play ball with this team(Ravens) after what he said about them. Mark my words the Ravens will rule the day they got into this mess!

TO is pissed cuz he wasn't traded to the Eagles instead.

when i said terrel we were talking corners not wr #27 buckley

Originally posted by gunn34
We could sign Madison then use him as trade bait.

He's already signed for 4 more years already. besides, i don't see a trade cuz the word is out that he'll be cut if he doesn't take a cut. teams will just sit back and wait and have til 6/1 to have plan b already planned out just in case! :)

I'd love to get a 2nd for him. There're gonna be some fine players in round 2 so we could use a pick there since we don't have one. If we keep him then we'll have the best set or corners in the NFL.

Ozzy rules!!

MAdison to me is worth a late number 1 draft pick...He is not worth a #2...even though he may have lost a step. hes still a top 10 corner in this league

Originally posted by JCPHIN_PHAN
MAdison to me is worth a late number 1 draft pick...He is not worth a #2...even though he may have lost a step. hes still a top 10 corner in this league

Worth a 1 but not a 2?? :confused:
Please explain.

sounded to me like Sam will be starting at CB for us in 2004
But Howard's arrival will not necessarily signal the departure of veteran cornerback Sam Madison. Gene Burrough, who represents Madison, said Friday he is close to finalizing a restructured contract with the team.

''It should be done by Monday,'' said Burrough, who did not say whether the restructured deal would include a cut of Madison's scheduled $6.3 million salary for next season.

Madison's pay likely will decrease because most teams cannot afford three corners with starting-caliber salaries. Patrick Surtain, Madison and Howard are earning starting money, with Madison and Howard seemingly headed toward a training camp competition.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8120317.htm

the odd man out who s/b cut any minute since he make like 1 mil a year is Fletcher

To old, and comes with a high salary. Its very doubtful Philly would pursue him, especially when Vincent, and Taylor are free, and IMO better.

Sure they'd be interested if he was a free agent. Anyone would that needs a 2nd starter, or nickelback.

The only way they've give up a good pick is if he was 25.

that article from initial post certainly said they would be interested in Sam IF he was a UFA; they are not giving up anything for him

Madison restructures, then traded?

With the aquisition of R.Howard (CB-Carolina) I am curious... We read many times of players that must first restructure their contracts with their existing teams, only to have them traded to a new team. Perhaps the restructuring of Madison's contract will make it more cap-friendly to Miami, and more palatable for a team that needs to trade for a top 10 CB? Spielman has been coy in his discussions regarding Madison's contract, maybe he's playing nice with Madison and his Agent, get them in the fold and restructured, then a-trading he will go?

It's a win-win situation either way... Miami now has 3 CB's that can start. Possibly the best CB tandem in Surtain/Madison. An above average CB tandem in Howard/Surtain. And trading possiblilities with a restructured Madison...

Back
Top Bottom