Merged: Madison to the Eagles??/Restructure and traded | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison to the Eagles??/Restructure and traded

these eagles are something else...first they dont budge on a 2nd rounder for Feeley then Thye are fighting that TO was theres and they only offered a 5th and James Thrash and now they want Madison for nothing...HELL NO!! Eagles are cheapskates. THey want everything cheap and want teams to overpay to them in trades.

No, it doesn't make sense to make a player restructure & then trade him because you take a lot more of a cap hit that way.

Despite the information reported by Clayton(which he got from Terry Donahue), the Eagles actually offered a 2nd round pick, 5th round pick, and a player.

I expect this CB depth chart in September:

1.Surtain
2.Madison
3.Howard
4.Banks
5.Roundtree

I expect Madison to be released in 2005, and Howard to step in. Not now. We're not releasing Madison, and I do not see Philly dealing #28. They desperately need a receiver with the TO situation going the way it is. Thrash sucks, Pinky is a backup, and Mitchell is a #3.

To not get something for Madison and just outright release him would be the worst move this FO has done yet.

You mean to tell me they couldn't call every team in the league and get at least a 7th for him?

Any team would gamble they could get him to re-structure for that.

look guys... calm down ... madison isn't going anywhere.. spielman knows that the teams uses 3 cb's about 70% of the plays.. so he needed to aquire a better than average cb who could possibly start incase of injuries to sammy or patrick ... madison is going to restructure something along what JT did.. add years to his contract.. madison will be a dolphin for at least 2 - 3 more years.. cb's like him don't come easy .. miami needs him on the field.. sorry guy's

once again, i have heard spielman talk and i have heard madison talk. Madison said he is 100% sure something will get done and he will retire a dolphin.

Could he be sidesteppin a bit? sure. but what he is saying is he is willing to restructure and save us some money and he wants to stay. Spielman has only said he may be cut unless.......yadda yadda. Doesnt sound to me like Madison is going anywheres unless minnesota comes callin again.

What spielman is doing is rebuilding this team in areas for the future. all i can say is its about time. i think spielman will take some hits in order to rebuild in certain spots.

i doubt the trade talk will continue once he restructures unless he has a deal with some other team. we have plenty of money to spend now and sam only gives us more. We are not done by a long shot.

How bout this for a secondary?

Surtain & Howard at CBs
Knight & Madison at S?

Madison has lost a half-step...he's a perfect candidate for safety...I think he'd find new life as a safety...

Restructure his contract and put him next to Sammy.

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
How bout this for a secondary?

Surtain & Howard at CBs
Knight & Madison at S?

Madison has lost a half-step...he's a perfect candidate for safety...I think he'd find new life as a safety...

Restructure his contract and put him next to Sammy.

INTERESTING:eek: Maybe too radical but interesting.

Saftey's have to tackle.............Sam's was never very good at that and he's had shoulder probs.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Saftey's have to tackle.............Sam's was never very good at that and he's had shoulder probs.

that was an interesting idea, but jagfish is right...

Sam is 185, there is no way in hell he can play safety.

thomas is a fat peice of ****, he is pretty good at runblocking but cant block worth a damn in the passing game

Just against speed rushers.

Back
Top Bottom