MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
FinFrenzy said:
They can't be close to terms he's not a FA yet.

True, but they can work on a contract BEFORE free agency, and then
have it signed and dated WHEN FREE AGENCY STARTS...

Breaking News: Nobody knows a damn thing. More reports at 6....or 5:30....or 7.....or like, when, uh we hear something that somebody else heard.....from us....or uh, yeah....

FinsAreLife said:
well i think its a dumb move by brees, why you would want to go to NO right now idk, hed be much better off in miami, its his own fault

I agree... There in nothing in NO to support him right now... They have at least 2-3 years before thinking about a playoff push... It should be interesting to see who NO takes in the draft now...

FinsAreLife said:
well i think its a dumb move by brees, why you would want to go to NO right now idk, hed be much better off in miami, its his own fault

Ye$, I wa$ wondering the $ame thing ju$t thi$ morning. I'm $ure it ha$ $omething to do with the character of the team.

PhinFan84 said:
i just heard that on a sportscenter commercial saying coming up on sportscenter "more on culpepper, is he a dolphin"....which makes me think that he just got traded or is real close to becoming a fin........im so freaking excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More liked bummed!!! We don't need a 30 year old character case with a bad knee and an enormous contract. He won't even be available until mid season according to most reports. I for one am not writing off this season for anyone

I doubt it's true, the Saints FO tends to leak like the Titanic when they have good news and there's nothing coming out of the organization. If and when the N.O. sportsmedia starts reporting it I'll tell you guys/girls. So far nothing, just the Saints "might" be interested in Brees. I think this just ESPN stirring up another "nonstory".......

HysterikiLL said:
Breaking News: Nobody knows a damn thing. More reports at 6....or 5:30....or 7.....or like, when, uh we hear something that somebody else heard.....from us....or uh, yeah....

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

PhinFan84 said:
if we get stuck with some second string QB as our starter again i will be devistated......it always seems like we come so close and let a big time free agent slip through our fingers.......lets not make a Wanny mistake!!!!! With either pepper or brees we could be superbowl bound!!!!!!

This is exactly what concerns me. I'm fearing gettin ready for either Brees or Culpepper to arrive and then ending up with neither. Man would that suck :rolleyes2

AZStryker said:
More liked bummed!!! We don't need a 30 year old character case with a bad knee and an enormous contract. He won't even be available until mid season according to most reports. I for one am not writing off this season for anyone

..and supposed Brees goes to New Orleans...then what? You want Josh McOwned or Patrick Shamsey over this 'character case'? How about Gus...would you prefer Gus?

By the way, 99% of those reports saying he won't be ready are from one source which has been spread around this board quicker than HIV on a slaveship.

HysterikiLL said:
..and supposed Brees goes to New Orleans...then what? You want Josh McOwned or Patrick Shamsey over this 'character case'? How about Gus...would you prefer Gus?

By the way, 99% of those reports saying he won't be ready are from one source which has been spread around this board quicker than HIV on a slaveship.

Yep, you hear all kinds of stuff. I remember reading and article that said
that the injury to Brees is more than the labrum. They said it was also the rotator cuff......

Buy the way, nice Clock work Orange avatar..

PhinsPhan said:
A 5th for Ramsey is a deal to easy to match. A 4th rounder is still a deal for Ramsey, 3rd is pushing it though. I guess it depends on the conditional pick.

I could care less if we got Culpepper, and honestly I just dont see New Orleans stepping out. I dont get it. They could draft Leinhart instead they want to risk it on an injured QB? Plus why would Brees want to go to New Orleans? The chances of them winning a championship in his lifetime would be 0. Miami on the other hand could be a top 5 team to win it next year if he came here.
my thoughts EXACTLY!!!! :tantrum:

Brees could go to Miami and Miami is then poised to make a run at the division title. If he goes to NO, the Saints would be poised to go .500. Let's hope he is looking for more than $$$$$$

Why would NO overpay for Brees when they could draft a QB that has potential to be better than Brees minus the shoulder surgery?? God that organization is screwed up

Question

I know there has been madness lately and, alot of threads saying the same thing. Im sorry if you find these to be one of them (im new here). But based on recent speculation of Culpepper being traded to god knows where, and the Saints making a strong push for Drew Brees, so my question is if the Saints do sign Brees and pep gets traded to some other team (rams etc) would the saints trade their #2 overall pick to us? if so for what, and who should we take with said pick. (god the off season is confusing way to many ifs)
:confused:

mini camp said:
I know there has been madness lately and, alot of threads saying the same thing. Im sorry if you find these to be one of them (im new here). But based on recent speculation of Culpepper being traded to god knows where, and the Saints making a strong push for Drew Brees, so my question is if the Saints do sign Brees and pep gets traded to some other team (rams etc) would the saints trade their #2 overall pick to us? if so for what, and who should we take with said pick. (god the off season is confusing way to many ifs)
:confused:
The could trade their #2 to us but I don't see that happening. The asking price would be too high. They would probably want our #1 for this year, our #2 or #3 for this year and/or our #1 next year. I don't see that happening.

PS: Welcome to the boards

burghPhinFan said:
Why would NO overpay for Brees when they could draft a QB that has potential to be better than Brees minus the shoulder surgery??? God that organization is screwed up

You just answered your own question. Leinart has the POTENTIAL to be better than Brees. Brees is a proven NFL commodity, Leinart is a NFL unknown. Signing Brees would allow the Saints to trade down out of #2 overall and gain draft picks/players to fill holes. Explain to me how exactly "that organization is screwed up"? With the current NFC if the Saints make a few decent FA signings, have a good draft they could be a playoff team next year not in a few years with a rookie QB.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom