MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildbill3

Onion Fetish
Club Member
Reaction score
Would you pass on DC and DB if it meant

Getting Jay Cutler? It would be a dangerous game, but assuming the DC and DB went to two of the teams ahead of us in the draft that were in need of a QB, it would mean we could get in position to draft Jay. The danger of course would be that we passed on two Pro Bowl QBs with some questions, and that Jay could still be drafted before us.

On the flip side, if we get one of these two guys, we could draft the BPA, and who knows who that would be.

IMO no, I think both Brees and Pepper are better and more proven than cutler and also better players

At this point, I would rather have either Pepp or Brees. Cutler did a lot well during the combine and senior bowl, but still hasn't done anything in the NFL, so I'd rather go with a Pro Bowler. One thing I still know we are going to draft a late roudn QB, someone we can develop just in case the injury is as serious as they say to both of those guys.

Jay Cutler has more upside than Brees and Culpepper combined.

Let's say Cutler has more upside than Drewnte Breepepper. :)

But, would I risk not getting any of the 3 and bank on Cutler being there at 16? No.

Wildbill3 said:
Getting Jay Cutler? It would be a dangerous game, but assuming the DC and DB went to two of the teams ahead of us in the draft that were in need of a QB, it would mean we could get in position to draft Jay. The danger of course would be that we passed on two Pro Bowl QBs with some questions, and that Jay could still be drafted before us.

On the flip side, if we get one of these two guys, we could draft the BPA, and who knows who that would be.

Not a chance. I don't have any faith in a QB who needs as much hard selling as Jay Cutler...... reading about Jay Cutler is like reading the words of a desperate used car salesman.

Wildbill3 said:

thats a really good question WILD, and a very dangerous game that probably only Saban himself could pull off. Saban would have to be really really impressed by Cutler and I dont see enough in him yet to take a chance on him and then possibly ending up with no one or Gus again as the starter. Either way this is interesting...good post man

yes i would andkeep ferrotte for one more year

Then J.T. and Zack would def. never get a ring

I would love to draft Cutler, but I'd like to get a veteran too. I'm still not completely sold on Cutler. I know he seems to have the tools, but I'm sure any football fan can give you a list of draft-hype all-stars that just never panned out. I just wouldn't want to invest a lot in a quarterback who could very reasonably be a flop. I know there are no sure things, but I'd feel much safer with a veteran and a second tier quarterback with potential (Brodie Croyle?) than with vesting it all on a rookie from Vanderbilt.

No way Cutler will be there at #16, but I would take him over DC or DB.

No way. Not a chance do you take the rookie over those two guys. I actully might have to take him over Culpepper though just because the fact that Culpepper wont be ready till mid October at the earliest.

Please forgive me if this has been brought up already...I just got home from work and I am floored by all this Culpepper stuff. Miami is in a real catch 22. Minny will deal Daunte before F/A...if it is not to Miami..then Brees becomes the Number One f/a priority for Minny and they have a ton of cap room to really throw a HUGE deal at Brees...alot more money than we could give him. Miami has to decide quickly which direction they want to go(they may have already decided). If they pass on Culpepper...then they will be in a dog fight with Minny over Brees...I am glad that Saban and Mueller are the ones who are making this decision...this is the type of decision which will affect this organization for many years.. I KNOW we need to come away with one of them...I am so torn on both of them...again...I am sorry if this was brought up...tough to read through 600 replies to the main Culpepper thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom