MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess scared is a bad word...probabbly concerned is better. The best part is that most of these questions at QB will be answered in the next 2 days...it will happen fast.

You can BRACE a Knee and support it......you cant brace and support a roattor cuff.

NatCyn said:
Unfortunately there's no clear-cut best option. Every scenario is problematic in some way.

Whether through draft, trade, or free agency, the Dolphins will upgrade the QB position this offseason.

There was this QB once who had an outstanding junior year then disappointed in his senior season, couple with rumors of drug use, he dropped to the bottom of the 1st round. I hope we have just such a problematic scenario again.

Eh, all in all, being a Dolphins fan is still great.

-We've only ever had seven losing seasons (only three of those came while we were actually in the NFL, the other four came in our expansion years as part of the AFL)
-We've had two Hall of Fame Quarterbacks in our 40 year history
-We've got one of the best franchise winning percentages in any sport
-We had the winningest coach in NFL history
-We've only had just 5 coaches total (not counting Bates as the interim coach)

It's not that bad.

NYPhinFan said:
Please forgive me if this has been brought up already...I just got home from work and I am floored by all this Culpepper stuff. Miami is in a real catch 22. Minny will deal Daunte before F/A...if it is not to Miami..then Brees becomes the Number One f/a priority for Minny and they have a ton of cap room to really throw a HUGE deal at Brees...alot more money than we could give him. Miami has to decide quickly which direction they want to go(they may have already decided). If they pass on Culpepper...then they will be in a dog fight with Minny over Brees...I am glad that Saban and Mueller are the ones who are making this decision...this is the type of decision which will affect this organization for many years.. I KNOW we need to come away with one of them...I am so torn on both of them...again...I am sorry if this was brought up...tough to read through 600 replies to the main Culpepper thread.

Dont be scared ! of them is coming to Miami:wink:

I think Minnesota has found a trade partner, wants to get another possible first round pick, then package that to someone for a top 5 pick and then get one of the big 3 qb's to groom behind brad for a year or two.

Looks Like Miami Could Miss Out On Both Brees And Culpepper

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14064242.htm

Minneapolis TV station reported Thursday night that the Dolphins are the likely destination for Culpepper. However, a source indicated that Oakland might be making the strong push for Culpepper.

A high-ranking Dolphins source denied that Miami had worked out a deal for Culpepper, although he admitted that there had been extensive talks initiated by the Vikings.
As for Brees, an NFL source said New Orleans has stepped forward as the strongest contender for his services. The Saints, Dolphins and Detroit have reportedly been the strongest suitors to date, but the Saints have guaranteed more money than the other two teams.

All three are still considered to be in the running, but the NFL source said the Saints appeared to be the strongest.

''From what I know right now, it's set where he's going, and it's not Miami,'' the source said.

Where that leaves the Dolphins is in a potentially problematic situation. If they get neither Culpepper nor Brees, the Dolphins are expected to go after either Patrick Ramsey of Washington in a trade or approach Arizona's Josh McCown.

Ramsey plus Croyle seems like a pretty solid solution to me, so I'm not that upset. I'd prefer Kitna plus Croyle because Kitna has brought along a rookie already, but this solution could solidify the first two slots of the QB position for 5+ years.

For some reason, i'm not buying the whole New Orleans thing. I think we'd beat out New Orleans regardless of how much more $$ they threw at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom