MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would get cutler but if we had a chance at 16 with any of the top 3 qb's it would be young. I would pick him at 16 too

No I would rather have either Pep, or Brees before an unproven guy. We know what we are getting with the other ones. I like Cutler, but you don't pass on a pro bowl type QB when they come available it just dosnt happen often enough.

I DREAM of the day that we could draft a QB outright and not have to depend on any other source as our salvation

NYPhinFan said:
Please forgive me if this has been brought up already...I just got home from work and I am floored by all this Culpepper stuff. Miami is in a real catch 22. Minny will deal Daunte before F/A...if it is not to Miami..then Brees becomes the Number One f/a priority for Minny and they have a ton of cap room to really throw a HUGE deal at Brees...alot more money than we could give him. Miami has to decide quickly which direction they want to go(they may have already decided). If they pass on Culpepper...then they will be in a dog fight with Minny over Brees...I am glad that Saban and Mueller are the ones who are making this decision...this is the type of decision which will affect this organization for many years.. I KNOW we need to come away with one of them...I am so torn on both of them...again...I am sorry if this was brought up...tough to read through 600 replies to the main Culpepper thread.

Thats your decision to be afraid!

NYPhinFan said:
Please forgive me if this has been brought up already...I just got home from work and I am floored by all this Culpepper stuff. Miami is in a real catch 22. Minny will deal Daunte before F/A...if it is not to Miami..then Brees becomes the Number One f/a priority for Minny and they have a ton of cap room to really throw a HUGE deal at Brees...alot more money than we could give him. Miami has to decide quickly which direction they want to go(they may have already decided). If they pass on Culpepper...then they will be in a dog fight with Minny over Brees...I am glad that Saban and Mueller are the ones who are making this decision...this is the type of decision which will affect this organization for many years.. I KNOW we need to come away with one of them...I am so torn on both of them...again...I am sorry if this was brought up...tough to read through 600 replies to the main Culpepper thread.

Brad Johnson is still in Minny and he led them on a long winning streak last year....why would they go after Brees? :confused:

I am too. Quite honestly I'm happy with either one of them. I trust Saban & Mueller to make the best decision and I'll back either one. I just hope we get one of them.

NYPhinFan said:
no, thats a good point. that's the first time i've heard that point of view here.

I don't think they'll chase Brees, though. Brad Johnson absolutely deserves the starting job after what he did last year. I think they'll trade Culpepper away for as uch as they can get (hopefully to Arizona to rejoin his old coach and all that WR talent/cap space) and then draft a 1st-day QB to groom under Johnson.

We can't afford to take on that 10-Year, $102-Million contract on a QB who won't even play til mid-season.

I refuse to belive it.

i dont want either. ill rather keep gus if anyone wants to know why just ask

I'm not scared. If it isn't us that Minny has been talking deal with, than I strongly believe that we have already been working on ways to get Brees in here first thing Saturday morning. If it is us that wants Culpepper, than so be it. But if it isn't us, rest assured that Saban has everything under control and has already been planning for Brees since the end of last season.

I think the Vikings are going to stick with Brad and try to draft a QB or pick up a cheap free agent option. Really when I look at the Vikings and their cap room versus their needs, they have a lot of other areas of opportunity that need to be addressed before their quarterback situation. Brad Johnson is fairly solid, he's going to give you 20-25 TD's, he's accurate and he doesn't turn the ball over very much. That's not a guy I'd overpay to replace. I think if Brees signs with another team, it won't be Minnesota.

Interesting question. I still think that there are too many teams ahead of us with QB needs to risk it. Though there seems to be so many QB's dangling, we could get lucky in the draft.

The other risk is: Saban does not trade for Culpepper now because Brees is a FA, and Brees signs elsewhere.

But I still feel lucky as a Dolphin fan that we seem to have so many choices at QB. Hopefully Saban is confident in at least one of them, and we get that QB.

Just My Thoughts

I agree with Natcyn and Roman529. Would definitley want Cutler, but he'll be gone by #16. At this time, I'd like the Fins to sign a veteran FA (McCown) or trade a mid to low pick for one (Garrard/Ramsey), and draft a 2nd tier college qb (Croyle or Whitehurst) . . . unless Brees can prove he's healthy or will sign a one year contract (i read he was willing to do so for SD) or an incentive-laden contract.

I'm just not a fan of overpaying for an injured player regardless of position. It can hamper our salary cap for years to come!

I think Brees is the best qb available, but he's injured! A pretty serious injury at that! I think that we should stay away from Culepepper and McNair! I'd like Daunte if he weren't injured (I hear it's even worse than Brees)! I'm not even concerned with the boat-incident. Who really cares what pro athletes do on their free time?! Most people would do the same thing if they had all that money! I think McNair is too old! I'd only take him for an inexpensive, short contract to be a backup (which he certainly doesn't want to and won't do . . . and I would n't blame him!).

Oh man, if McNair OR Patrick Ramsey wind up in Miami I'm going to be pissed. McNair is washed up and he gets injured more than any player I've ever seen. And then the guys on ESPN (Salisbury especially) talk about what a tough player he is and I get nauseous (I may have spelled that incorrectly).

Ramsey is a whole 'nother story. He's probably still got his best years in front of him but he's damaged and unlike with Culpepper and Brees the damage is mental. I really don't want a headcase QB.

Unfortunately there's no clear-cut best option. Every scenario is problematic in some way.

[mod]Leave out the sexual remarks...[/mod]

The only thing you have to FEAR is fear itself (Churchill). When Ricky left us the first time and we disintegrated we were all scared...and then Saban came to us.

Therfeore, have faith....NOBODY thought we could get SHAQ and we did. Anyhting is possible. ANYHTING. We have a great coach/Gm so TRUST in their abilities and consistency in getting this issue resolved. We have all the tools and brainpower and we are now the new demons of the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom