MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

It doesn't matter but some would argue that drafting the first openly gay football player would be a distraction in the locker room.
I see your point brother however what is the difference of those players that are gay and playing in the NFL now other than it being out in the open?

I think you are possibly putting words in Gillislee's mouth, he made a generic statement, no where did he say that this was his opinion on the gay player news.

I would not care.

Early on it is a major distraction. To say otherwise, is being foolish. However, the team would have to build a professional relationship with him. If the gay player is productive, the situation becomes easier to work with. People love a winner.

I think you are possibly putting words in Gillislee's mouth, he made a generic statement, no where did he say that this was his opinion on the gay player news.

Abramson retweeted this. Gillislee made this statement shortly after the news broke. I suppose there is a chance he wasn't talking about this, but considering his twitter profile is a giant picture of Jesus with the words BLESSED in his bio, I'd say there is a good possibility he was reacting to the news of a gay football player.

Dolphins players react to first openly gay football player news

Gives new meaning to the phrase "go deep" and "use your hands to catch the ball".

I see your point brother however what is the difference of those players that are gay and playing in the NFL now other than it being out in the open?

No difference at all, except that if they came out the media would create the biggest cluster**** since "bullygate." But I agree they should not have to hide who they are. I'm surprised by all the positive answers. I thought a lot more posters would go all Russia on me.

This question kind of goes with when someone brings up race, to me what difference does that make when it is about the player, attitude, and the skills they bring to the team.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

No difference at all, except that if they came out the media would create the biggest cluster**** since "bullygate." But I agree they should not have to hide who they are. I'm surprised by all the positive answers. I thought a lot more posters would go all Russia on me.
Brother have you ever thought of becoming a VIP member? Take care, John

Jackie Robinson was a true American Historical figure. However, what also makes Robinson an amazing figure is he was a really good player.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

If Sams plays well, his impact on history becomes stronger. If he sucks, then he is footnote.

If he sucks :tumbleweed:

Would you be ok with the Miami Dolphins drafting a gay player?

Don't care. What he does with his wiener and poophole is his business.

I don't think any fan base would have a real problem with it, there is always going to be a knuckle dragger contingent to any group of fans but I think the real problem is going to be with ownership, who will take the risk. And if Man'te Tao could get drafted anyone can

SEC Defensive player of the year, so I don't see what's to complain about. He's a good player, that's all that matters.

If he's accepted as a teammate I don't see fans having an issue with it but will he be accepted in most locker rooms?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom