MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

Gillislee has already posted that it had nothing to do with Sam it just happened to be a coincidence that the tweets appeared at the same time. I am more tham willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the time stamps

I would be fine with it because I could careless what a persons sexual preference is, as long as it doesn't involve kids. However, I couldn't see them picking him up unless it is in the later rounds due to it being a bargain at that point of the draft. With Jordan, Wake, and Olivier I think we have greater needs.

I always hoped there'd be the irony of having a wide receiver be the first to declare. I just want the best player period and could give a **** about one's sexual, political or religious inclinations.

How do we know we haven't already? Someone may come "out" and suprise us all. But it certainly wouldn't bother me, especially if he produces on the field.. Who was the comedienne way back, joking saying the gay player would be the "tightend" or "wide receiver"?

Sure....why not? If he can play and help the team is all that should matter.

Abramson retweeted this. Gillislee made this statement shortly after the news broke. I suppose there is a chance he wasn't talking about this, but considering his twitter profile is a giant picture of Jesus with the words BLESSED in his bio, I'd say there is a good possibility he was reacting to the news of a gay football player.

Turns out you were wrong. You can go ahead remove the Gillislee tweet from your first post so it doesn't confuse other posters.

Big mistake on his part. Look at the basketball player who came out as gay when he was a free agent... still a free agent.

No matter how the players feel about it a GM wont want to bring him in because it will turn the locker room into a media circus because all that makes is more distractions. And as a dolphins fan it was clear last year that distractions aren't very good for a team.

@J_Martin71: Hats off to you Michael Sam, that takes some guts #respect

If this guy is going to plummet just because he came out of the closet, I say we draft him. Its not like he could be any gayer than Jon Martin :idk:

Would definitely not. The last thing this team needs is more drama.

SEC Defensive player of the year, so I don't see what's to complain about. He's a good player, that's all that matters.

He's not really that good...very one dimensional as a pass rusher and flat terrible vs the run...situational rusher in the nfl that better develop some counter

Back
Top Bottom