Merged: Mike Mularky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mike Mularky

I HAVE ZERO doubt in my mind if we would have run a simple dive on the 3rd and 2 play we would have lost 2 yards. thats how bad our offensive line was. if we busted that play for a 25yard gallop we would all be singing his praises. our offensive line cant block. we looked like the dolphins of the marinos years tonite with our run pass ratio

Mularkey is worse than Linehan. At least Linehan call deep passes, not over the middle crap (aka please intercept this pass).

No deep passes. This team is made for deep passing; not a single one was called, not even when they were needed.

No running. I hate running, but even I know you have to do it to keep the team honest, pick up short yardage, and run down the clock. The lack of run attempt really drove me crazy when it was 17-14 in the 4th.

Mularkey is just another OC who thinks fancy passes are the "intelligent" thing to do and running is just for thickheaded morons. Calling passes somehow makes you an "offensive genius".

One more example of why Buffalo Bills fans and Steelers fans cant stand Mike Mularkey.

I quote "We didnt have Eric Moulds in the gameplan because we felt Miami would key on him".

That is a quote from Mularkey after a loss to Miami. He took our best WR out of the game before the game even started.

Where was Chris Chambers in the 1st half?? Probably not in the gameplan.

That was one of Mularkey's biggest problems, he couldnt get the ball in to the best players hands, especially in pressure situations.

Dummy Daunte said:
We want more trick plays !!! That is what we need. Mularkey RULES !!

I hope your being sarcastic. He called 3 in the game that i could see. "The infamous" flip play, the reverse that got fumbled, and he tried the Flee Flicker but it didn't work because the Steelers were already in the backfield.

The playcalling reminded me of Mularkey in Buffalo which was terrible not Mularkey in Pittsburgh which was considered very good.

When the flea flicker was tried many of my Bills fans called me to "wish me good luck in dealing with that." I wasn't impressed but nobody is as bad as they look the first game and nobody is as good as they look right now.

Mularkey

.......was the reason we lost. The defense should share some of the blame; but 37 passes and 15 designed running plays is not going to cut it. 3 down and 2 yards to go; and we call a pitch play against a heavy blitzing defense.....great playcalling. I doubt those 2 INTs happen with a balanced attack. I don't care if it's Manning or Brady, we would not have won last night; Culpepper was set up to fail. If you're one dimensional against a team like the Steelers; you're going to lose more often than not. Hell, do the same thing against a team like the Jets and we're going to lose more often than not.

I don't see us winning 6 without some balance on offense. There was a time last year when when we were passing far more than running it; we ironed that out for the most part once Linehan started calling plays from the sidelines. But Linehan believed in a vertical passing game, something that fit with the weapons we had. This short-medium passing game is a lot worse when people are expecting the pass because the defenders are within a 10-20 yard area as opposed to being spread out by a vertical game. This just makes it that much easier to get a pick. The Bills defense has got to be licking their chops.

Why was Welker not used especially in the 4th qtr? Was Mularkey trying to outsmart himself again?

I completely agree with you. I started a thread about this 30 minutes ago. We passed 60 somehting % of the time in the preseason but I thought we were trying some stuff out, some players, etc. We passed 70% last night!!!! Daunte is gonna throw a lot of picks, Zach Thomas is gonna wear down by week 9, and our secondary is gonna get exploited if we keep this up.

Just to prove your point even further, we passed 18 times and ran only 3 times in the 4th quarter even though we held the lead with 6 minutes remaining. WTF is going through Mularkey's head at this point? Yeah, I'm not surprised they picked us off twice in the 4th....

Saban should put him on the field like he put Linehan on the field last year... Once Linehan was pulled out of the box and onto the field the offense clicked better

Schmiggs said:
need runblocking to have any kind of successful running game...

Willie Parker didn't do much his first 12 or so carries, but they kept feeding him the ball. Ronnie Brown is the type of runner that wears down defenses (much like RW), he gets better the more carries he gets. At the very least, it would make the defense account for the running game. How many times did we run it in the 4th quarter? Even before the snap, the defense knew what was coming....and we sure as hell weren't running it.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I completely agree with you. I started a thread about this 30 minutes ago. We passed 60 somehting % of the time in the preseason but I thought we were trying some stuff out, some players, etc. We passed 70% last night!!!! Daunte is gonna throw a lot of picks, Zach Thomas is gonna wear down by week 9, and our secondary is gonna get exploited if we keep this up.

Just to prove your point even further, we passed 18 times and ran only 3 times in the 4th quarter even though we held the lead with 6 minutes remaining. WTF is going through Mularkey's head at this point? Yeah, I'm not surprised they picked us off twice in the 4th....

Wow, that tells it all right there.

Back
Top Bottom