MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts"

dna10504240050widec-1.jpg

all though I think Bennett Salvatore is a good Guess also.

OH WOW. I have thought for a few years there were quite a few games that seemed a bit too close bc of questionable calls. I just hope when they do the digging it is only the ONE Ref they find. Otherwise it could destroy the NBA.

OH WOW. I have thought for a few years there were quite a few games that seemed a bit too close bc of questionable calls. I just hope when they do the digging it is only the ONE Ref they find. Otherwise it could destroy the NBA.

Depending on who the ONE ref is, destroys the NBA. If they find more refs it will all but end the sport as we know it. Take it off the sports books in Vegas. And Kill it beyond belief for a looooooooooooooong time in this country!

Wow, my friends and I joke about this sort of thing. I don't think any of us actuallu believed it when we said it though.

The way Joey Crawford throws Technicals around I always thought he had money on a game.

Maybe. Who knows. But I don't think its him. His father was a famous umpire. His brother is a ref. He has some respect for the job. Joey is just a hot head in my opinion. I don't think he is into "fixing".

It will be interesting though when the name comes out.

man, my friend is always complaining about the nba being fixed... if this does hold water, its very sad... but you have to agree if youve seen some of the nonsense calls made over the years.

Depending on who the ONE ref is, destroys the NBA. If they find more refs it will all but end the sport as we know it. Take it off the sports books in Vegas. And Kill it beyond belief for a looooooooooooooong time in this country!

As much as you may want that to be the case, that wouldn't destroy the NBA.

If it is indeed confined to refs, the fallout will be considerate, yet manageable. In fact, it may be good for the league in the long run as they may finally take a look at the officiating, which is certainly horrible.

Tell you what though, this would help explain the Mavs/Heat finals.:tongue:

If it is indeed confined to refs, the fallout will be considerate, yet manageable. In fact, it may be good for the league in the long run as they may finally take a look at the officiating, which is certainly horrible.

:ban:

I don't WANT anything. I am just commenting on the facts we have at this point. And it isn't going to be a manageable fallout. And it damn sure won't help the league.

What it does it make the last 2 seasons almost taken off the books because the outcomes of too many games, and playoff, and FINALS games were pre-determined by a REF!

It makes the NBA a complete fraud. A joke. On par with ROLLER DERBY and PRO WRESTLING! The money lost in advertising dollars, lost fans, and everything else will damage this sport for many many years!

Are they going to reimburse Mark Cuban for his comments about officials?

When I read this article, I knew there would be a ton of people who failed to read it properly and make poor assumptions. No offense, but I kind of guess who would be the one on Finheaven to do so. I was correct in both cases. Please read the article again. It has nothing to do with the outcome of the games, but rather the spread sheet. In other words, if a team is up 4 at the end of the game and need to cover the spread, then the ref in question would call a few fouls to get the score up. Easy to understand by reading, actually. Btw, go back and do all your research -- pretty much every big gambler took Dallas in Game 5 of that series, and picked them to win it to begin with. If there's anything known about the MOB and their betting scheme, they usually go for the majority.

I knew this would date back to Dwyane Wade and the '06 finals. PREMATURE.

& yes, Crawford has always been suspicious to me. The way he refs the Heat/Bulls games, Pistons/Pacers (in their rivalry), Spurs/Suns, etc. always amaze me. He really has something going for Chicago & San Antonio, especially. Bruce Bowen gets away with murder when Joey Crawford is out there.

If anyone has been ****ed or attempted to be ****ed, it's quite obvious who that team is. Although they were successful in one series, every away game they played in the 2006-2007 playoffs was a damn rip off. If you don't agree, then IMO, you weren't watching the same games as me, someone who has no bias when dealing with the:

473243924_11523e56b8-1.jpg

The NBA has already reviewed each foul before many times and said that each were legit.

Dallas fans too got some BS calls the entire post season, against San Antonio AND Miami, so don't bank on thinking that THIS was the only series that was involved in gambling.

I doubt there are any basketball experts in the FBI, so the most they can do is get anyone involved in gambling in trouble, a case like Wayne Gretzky's case, but most likely this would be solved much faster once the names are out, as Stern would fire them immediately and they won't be getting any special delay/star treatment like Wayne on court.

Back
Top Bottom