MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts"

Stephen A Smith on 1050 ESPN Radio today said that they have this ref on TAPE sometime between 2005-07 making a bet on the Bulls-Blazers game

He also said he knows who the guy is. He is surprised by the name. He is a family guy with a wife and kids.

Remember the source here. Screaming A Smith. So.,..

How many Stephon Marbury FREE shoe/clothes giveaway posts do I put up? About ONE per week. How is that negative towards the NBA??? Give me a break.

How about the Derek Fisher story and his sick daughter? Was that negative??? Not my fault there are more negative stories than positive ones

Please! Hyperbole and hot air? I DIDN'T REPORT THIS STORY!!!!! THE AP DID!! I just posted a link to the story! You got a ref fixing games and your mad at me!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Yeah, O.K. you are a big fan of the NBA. Laughable.

Let's see, you said this will "cripple the NBA for years to come" and could potentially "destroy the league". Yeah, that's hyperbole.

What we know is that ONE ref got into major debt and made some very dubious decisions. How will this bring down the league? It won't.

Stephen A Smith on 1050 ESPN Radio today said that they have this ref on TAPE sometime between 2005-07 making a bet on the Bulls-Blazers game

He also said he knows who the guy is. He is surprised by the name. He is a family guy with a wife and kids.

Remember the source here. Screaming A Smith. So.,..

It was false because Stephen A. Smith was hinting to Bob Delaney.

Pete Rose didn't bring down baseball. Hockey was already on it's last leg but it isn't dead.

Granted the MLB was stronger at that point, but Hockey is a decent example.

The NBA will be fine unless they uncover that a bunch of refs were doing this.

Pete Rose didn't bring down baseball. Hockey was already on it's last leg but it isn't dead.

Granted the MLB was stronger at that point, but Hockey is a decent example.

The NBA will be fine unless they uncover that a bunch of refs were doing this.

I think they need to investigate Stu Jackson for being racist against his own race.

If the NHL is still up after Wayne Gretzsky and his whore wife, the NBA is as safe as having money in a bank.

Gretzky's wife wasn't an employee of the NHL(Waye had nothing to do it). And they weren't even betting on hockey, they just financed a gambling ring. we're talking about a ref helping throw outcomes of games here. way different, and way worse...and the NHL isn't doing that well anyway.

On RealGM, someone just posted a play log of the last minute of a Blazers/Bulls game this year. It was a regular season where the Bulls were up 11 with 30 seconds to go and went to the line twice for four FT's. Why would you intentionally foul down 11 with 30 seconds to go in a regular season game? Hmmm, perhaps spread covering.

This will be an interesting outcome if David Stern ever tells the truth.

If this is true it makes the NBA like the WWE. There are always going to be refs and players living beyond their means who the mob and others can get to shave points. :rolleyes:

Yeah, O.K. you are a big fan of the NBA. Laughable.

Let's see, you said this will "cripple the NBA for years to come" and could potentially "destroy the league". Yeah, that's hyperbole.

What we know is that ONE ref got into major debt and made some very dubious decisions. How will this bring down the league? It won't.

point shaving and fixed games by a ref won't hurt the league?!!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: Uh, yeah ok!

Gretzky's wife wasn't an employee of the NHL(Waye had nothing to do it). And they weren't even betting on hockey, they just financed a gambling ring. we're talking about a ref helping throw outcomes of games here. way different, and way worse...and the NHL isn't doing that well anyway.

She was betting $10,000+ on the coin toss of the super bowl, stuff like that for the most part. Different type of beting

Back
Top Bottom