MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts"

How did this thread become about me???

Unreal. A ref is fixing games and people are more upset with ME posting it than the actual ref who has ruined the integerity of the game. This is the biggest sports story of this decade possibly and for bringing it up I am "bashing the NBA" :rolleyes:

Yeah really..

Unless this uncovers some major conspiracy ring, it'll flutter in the wind, causing some bad publicity and negativity, and then the game will recover, if not finding some form of detachable humility to lead the healing process, which in turn, could very well make the game better for different reasons.

Of course it won't "Ruin" the NBA... but the facts are that the NBA has been a "Second Rate" sport for many years already. The success they lived during the Jordan years is a mere memory of what the sport has become.
As I mentioned, it has become pretty much Unwatchable, un-marketable and now it has an integrity issue to deal with.
It isn't gonna go away, but I do see this as being another hit in a very long line of negative hits. I dont see it going away, but I sure don't see the ratings (And after all, isnt that what its all about) rising...and those ratings are already dismall at best.

When I read this article, I knew there would be a ton of people who failed to read it properly and make poor assumptions. No offense, but I kind of guess who would be the one on Finheaven to do so. I was correct in both cases. Please read the article again. It has nothing to do with the outcome of the games, but rather the spread sheet. In other words, if a team is up 4 at the end of the game and need to cover the spread, then the ref in question would call a few fouls to get the score up. Easy to understand by reading, actually. Btw, go back and do all your research -- pretty much every big gambler took Dallas in Game 5 of that series, and picked them to win it to begin with. If there's anything known about the MOB and their betting scheme, they usually go for the majority.

I knew this would date back to Dwyane Wade and the '06 finals. PREMATURE.

& yes, Crawford has always been suspicious to me. The way he refs the Heat/Bulls games, Pistons/Pacers (in their rivalry), Spurs/Suns, etc. always amaze me. He really has something going for Chicago & San Antonio, especially. Bruce Bowen gets away with murder when Joey Crawford is out there.

If anyone has been ****ed or attempted to be ****ed, it's quite obvious who that team is. Although they were successful in one series, every away game they played in the 2006-2007 playoffs was a damn rip off. If you don't agree, then IMO, you weren't watching the same games as me, someone who has no bias when dealing with the:

473243924_11523e56b8-1.jpg

If anything I'd say Joey Crawford isn't much of a Spurs fan (i.e. tossing TD). It wouldnt have surprised me if it was him. It isn't though, so who cares :)

Well it seems he offciated Game 3 of the Suns and Spurs

Poor Suns.

Well it seems he offciated Game 3 of the Suns and Spurs

Poor Suns.
I was just going to bring this up, this is the game that Amare had to sit much of the game because of early foul trouble. There is video out there of some phantom foul calls that benefited the Spurs in the fourth quarter of this game...In fact Bell, Amare, and Kurt Thomas all had 5 fouls in the game...Stoudemire was called for his 3rd and 4th fouls at the beginning of the second half, which forced him to sit most of the 3rd quarter, when he returned in the 4th he was called for his 5th foul 20 seconds in...

I heard somethign saying this is one of the games the feds are using in their investigation, if its true, the Suns got majorly ****ed over twice in the series. Though Im sure the Spurs fans are gonna come along and say it doesnt matter...

Now the Spurs have 2 asterisks for 1 year...

I was just going to bring this up, this is the game that Amare had to sit much of the game because of early foul trouble. There is video out there of some phantom foul calls that benefited the Spurs in the fourth quarter of this game...In fact Bell, Amare, and Kurt Thomas all had 5 fouls in the game...Stoudemire was called for his 3rd and 4th fouls at the beginning of the second half, which forced him to sit most of the 3rd quarter, when he returned in the 4th he was called for his 5th foul 20 seconds in...

I heard somethign saying this is one of the games the feds are using in their investigation, if its true, the Suns got majorly ****ed over twice in the series. Though Im sure the Spurs fans are gonna come along and say it doesnt matter...

Now the Spurs have 2 asterisks for 1 year...

What does this have to do with the Spurs/their fans? Neither one was with the ref in the decisions he made.

Don't blame us. Blame the NBA.

What does this have to do with the Spurs/their fans? Neither one was with the ref in the decisions he made.

Don't blame us. Blame the NBA.
Im not blaming the Spurs, but the fact remains the outcome of the series was altered by outside forces. First it was with the suspension, now this. A referee more than likely changed calls soley for his own finacial game, thus possibly losing the series for the Suns. If this game is used as evidence in a federal case, there most certainly will be an asterisk next to 2007.

Im not blaming the Spurs, but the fact remains the outcome of the series was altered by outside forces. First it was with the suspension, now this. A referee more than likely changed calls soley for his own finacial game, thus possibly losing the series for the Suns. If this game is used as evidence in a federal case, there most certainly will be an asterisk next to 2007.

Dude there's only an asterisk on this series b/c of fans like you who just won't let it go. If Phoenix was good enough to win the championship then they would have. It was a best of 7 series. Stern didn't suspend your boys for all 7 games so enough of this f'ing nonsense.

So Phoenix was the only team affected by this ref? He never altered any Spurs games? or Wizards? or Mavs?

You have no proof at all of anything. But keep grasping straws if you'd like. It must make the summer a little more fun

Also, did the ref have anything to do with the Suns missing FTs, 3 pointers, mid range shots, and turning the ball over? You act like this ref was the reason Phoenix lost.

Of course this shouldn't be a surprise b/c if Phoenix did win this game even with the ref being involved, I'd bet you wouldn't even use the ref as a pawn for this discussion.

Losing does crazy things doesn't it?

This is going to seriously hurt the league which is already struggling. If they find out more then one ref was shaving points this could destroy the league like MikeO originally said for a long amount of time.

NBA Concern "off the charts"

after the ref who worked with the mob the nba concern is "off the charts", DAvid Stern said the nba have been working with the fbi, feds beileive that this ref that they found out bet will be telling who else (other refs?) who also was betting. So they are saying tim donaghy has the most called fouls then anyother ref! so they are saying that donaghy will tell who else bet meaning there could be alot of refs changing the out comes of many games mabey even playoffs or even the finals!! we will just have to wait for this week to see what pans out.

Ps. This was all just seen by me on sports center

Back
Top Bottom