[MERGED] Numbers don't lie: Dolphins' Thomas deserves Canton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Numbers don't lie: Dolphins' Thomas deserves Canton

Should Zach Thomas make the Hall of Fame?

• No - he's a great player but not Hall of Fame worthy

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No - he's borderline but playing during the Ray Lewis era will keep him out

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Yes - Ray Lewis or not, Zach should get in

Votes: 65 95.6%

• Total voters
Again... good job Hugo, I'm on Zach's bandwagon. The numbers don't lie, although with today's press he may have little chance.

Heck yeah he deserves a spot in the hall of fame, granted his spot may come years down the road. The only thing that will help his place will be if the Fins can knock out a Super Bowl before he retires.

The guy is what football is all about. He has been a top tackler for the past 8 + years and a top 5 linebacker for most of that time. Him and JT should be in no matter what.
If all our players played as hard and wanted it as badly as ZACH we would be a championship contender every year.

I agree that Thomas deserves to be in the HOF,whether he gets in as a first time nominee(which i doubt) or a 5th or 6th time nominee,he definitely deserves to be in!!!!!

Zach Thomas will make the Pro Footbll Hall Of Fame......AS A COACH!!!

Wrap your fins around that statement!! :D

Again... good job Hugo, I'm on Zach's bandwagon. The numbers don't lie, although with today's press he may have little chance.

Wish I could take the credit, Etuoo, but it was actually my colleague J.D. that wrote it.

I actually wrote an article about this very subject before this season began. It stemmed from Pete Prisco idiotically saying that Thomas should in "no way" go into the Hall.

Here it is: http://phinaticism.blogspot.com/2007/07/zach-thomas-hall-of-fame-player.html

There's no two ways around it: Zach Thomas must be inducted into the Hall.

In my article I go beyond comparing him to Lewis and Urlacher and actually favorably compare him to the last MLB inducted into the Hall - Mike Singletary.

Check it out.

I think he should get in, I'm just not sure he will.

I feel exactly the same way. It's just a crime that ZT just never was "flashy" enough to capture the press' attention during his astonishing career. If he doesn't get in the HOF, it'll just be further proof that the Sports Reporters have no clue as to what is happening on the field, or who is actually playing top-flight football.

We do this year after year with Zach. I get surprised by how many people around here say he isn't hall worthy but will get in the ring of honor. If their isn't a place in Canton for Zach then that hall means nothing to me. Zach is what football is all about and has been the heart of a top 10 D since he has been in the league with the exception of maybe one or two years during regime changes. His stat rival that and surpass that of people already in the hall and supposed locks for the hall like Ray Lewis.

most definately in the hall. One of the best at his position his entire career. That's the pre requisite, not if he killed somebody.

Back
Top Bottom