Merged: O Line Changes/A Player's Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: O Line Changes/A Player's Coach

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
O Line Changes

I hate to say 'I told you so, but...'

"Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said left guard Jamie Nails and center Tim Ruddy have struggled and there could be changes at both spots.

Wannstedt indicated Nails could be challenged for a starting job by Dixon. Nails, who received mention for the Pro Bowl last season, has looked sluggish throughout the season and missed a block on a counter play Sunday that could have resulted in a long run for running back Ricky Williams.

'[Nails'] game is not where it was at last year, to be honest with you, and he's aware of that,'' Wannstedt said.

Ruddy was called for his third holding penalty in the past two games. That comes after missing the previous game because of knee surgery. Wannstedt said the team will discuss playing backup center Seth McKinney, who alternated with Ruddy during two games earlier this season.

Said Wannstedt: ``Yeah, there is concern [about Ruddy]. . . . Usually you get holding penalties because you get yourself out of position. For that to happen to a smart guy like Tim, it's unusual. We will address it.'"

This is exactly what I said yesterday.

I predict the O line against San Diego will be:

Smith
Dixon
McKinney
Perry
Wade

We are getting beat by young athletic DTs. Dixon and McKinney are both more athletic.

Nails and Ruddy will get more time to heal. Our line depth will be very good when they are completely healthy. They will not get healthy if they are playing full time.

I agree with a lot of the above.

I would add that I do not see the Fins being able to run behind W. Smith this year. He does not seem to have the size or power to run block effectively.

I would add that I do not see the Fins being able to run behind W. Smith this year. He does not seem to have the size or power to run block effectively.

That's why Dixon needs to be back at LT. Furthermore, Nails is not 100% recovered yet so asking him to run on counters and sweeps is a bit much to ask. He's a big man, you just run behind and off of his and the FBs blocks for yards. Ruddy will be fine too as his knee gets into better shape. Dixon's return will stabilize the line and the return of health for Ruddy and Nails will help this team down the stretch. Maybe the line would be better if they weren't asked to do things they aren't physically capable of doing now, eh Wanny?

Todd Wade sure is making a case for the ProBowl this year isn't he? :shakeno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Dixon ready to come back? Would he start at LT?
If so, then could Seth move to LG for Nails?
Nails could go get a snack for a few games while we try-

LT- Dixon
LG- McKinney
C- Ruddy
RG- Perry
RT- Wade

And why are people saying Wade sucks? He seems to be
moving people around where he wants them to be.
He is a bad a** and we need him on the OL for a long time.

When is Konrad coming back?

I know it won't happen ... but I'd like to see....

Dixon
McKinney
Ruddy
Perry
Wade

Originally posted by MacAttack
What did Nails injury again?
he tore his achilles at the end of the Raiders game last year

thank goodness...

If Dixon plays, watch how much better our line looks. He is the heart and soul of that ol. He's one of those players that makes everyone around him better because athleticism and toughness. I'm tellling you everytime Mark Dixon isn't in the starting ol lineup, the ol suffers.

You know what...even if Dixon comes back...how long do you people really think he would last??? He tried to practice two week ago and his ankle swelled up and then needed another surgery. This guy is all done. You know...the main problem with this O-Line is that they are soft...ya, this was mentioned before but they are truely soft...I wish we had a mean and nasty O-Line...T. Wade wants to cash in but Miami did not bite and I'm glad because he's done nothing so far.

If I were the Fins...I would sign O-gun to a new contract because he show me something out on the field week in and week out. T. Wade does not show me crap.

Re: thank goodness...

Originally posted by rhadaddy
If Dixon plays, watch how much better our line looks. He is the heart and soul of that ol. He's one of those players that makes everyone around him better because athleticism and toughness. I'm tellling you everytime Mark Dixon isn't in the starting ol lineup, the ol suffers.

Yep......Best offensive lineman Fins have.

Nails has not played well the last three weeks. I would like to see Dixon and Nails rotate every series at LG for awhile.

I can't wait for Kondrad to come back. He is a much better blocker then Objenbabajajoajonojo. He might not blow people out of the hole, but at least he doesn't get pushed back.

Re: O Line Changes

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo
I hate to say 'I told you so, but...'

Hate to say I told you so, but this was on our front page yesterday. :evil:

Dixon definately needs to be back out there, however we need to put him on that line.

Back
Top Bottom