Merged: O Line Changes/A Player's Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: O Line Changes/A Player's Coach

I think Dixon at LG is the proper place for him....the LT basically just needs to seal off the DE on running plays....The LG is the one who is going to pull and get out in front of the play and that's where nails' play has dropped off significantly....Any body remember last year when nails would pull out and pancake any defender that got in his way?....well, anybody see his big whiff of a lead block last week?
We need to get him outta there. Dixon will improve this line immensely...just cross your fingers that he can stay healthy.

Rhadaddy is right again....there is a drastic difference in our line play when Dixon is in there.

Dixon has to be out there he is the best lineman we have. Nails hasn't recovered from his injury. Also...Wade Smith is grwoing on me, but he still needs to do a little better.

Wade Smith will get better as the season progresses no reason to take him out. As for Dixon he should start and get relief from Nails. McKinney needs playing time at C he is better than Ruddy. Ruddy still commits dumb penalties at 31 it is unbelievable.

Originally posted by zachseau13
I agree with a lot of the above.

I would add that I do not see the Fins being able to run behind W. Smith this year. He does not seem to have the size or power to run block effectively.

yep he has to hit the weight room seriously in the offseason.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Dixon has to be out there he is the best lineman we have. Nails hasn't recovered from his injury. Also...Wade Smith is grwoing on me, but he still needs to do a little better.

i think wade smith has gotten worse every game. i dont know what game you guys are watchin. the guy gets beat alot and Jay pays the price both on and off the field.

I would also like to say that ronny Lee needs some serious work at blocking. thank god we have mcmicheal.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Nails hasn't recovered from his injury.

Don't do it Clump...Don't you do it!! :chair:

Originally posted by finfan54
yep he has to hit the weight room seriously in the offseason.
Both McKinney and Wade Smith need to hit the wieight room this off-season.. They both get punked way too many times.. At this point... Ruddy is stillll better than McKinney

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Both McKinney and Wade Smith need to hit the wieight room this off-season.. They both get punked way too many times.. At this point... Ruddy is stillll better than McKinney

I agree, Mc Kinney did not look good when he was in there. I hope that more PT will help him improve.

Originally posted by finfan54
I would also like to say that ronny Lee needs some serious work at blocking. thank god we have mcmicheal.
Ronnie Lee now that was a great blocking TE; unfortunately, he played in the 80's - we have Donald Lee - who is the poster child for rookie mistakes out there ;)

A Player's Coach

But before revamping the line, the Dolphins must weigh whether to risk change on a unit where cohesion is crucial.

''We have been too inconsistent there, and that has probably been the biggest thing we've been talking about and working on,'' Wannstedt said of the offensive line. ``I don't want to sound like a broken record, but we haven't been consistent enough up front with the run and the pass.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7072418.htm

I am tired of hearing "we don't want to risk upsetting the cohesion"!!! I understand the need of a unit playing together and I understand the good of a coach being someone the players enjoy playing for.

However I've never heard of Bill Parcels worrying about "upsetting" his players. If you aren't getting the job done your @ss is on the bench. I've never heard of Jon Gruden being "delicate" with the psyche of his players.

Wanny talks out both sides ... in one breath he'll say "We'll put the player in that gives us the best chance to win" and then turn around and say "I want to make changes but I don't want to upsset the cohesion of the team".

Bottom line ... Wanny needs to get off the fence, stop being a politician and start being a football coach!
I bet he could be a pretty good one.

Re: A Player's Coach

Originally posted by mee

I am tired of hearing "we don't want to risk upsetting the cohesion"!!! I understand the need of a unit playing together and I understand the good of a coach being someone the players enjoy playing for.

However I've never heard of Bill Parcels worrying about "upsetting" his players.

In your above quote, it seems to me that it is the Herald that is worried about the cohesiveness of the unit. DW does not mention it.

In your above quote, it seems to me that it is the Herald that is worried about the cohesiveness of the unit. DW does not mention it.

True, not the best quote to make my point ... but the sentiment has been echoed repeatedly, and I am certain it is coming from behind a thick mustache.

typically OL is the one place where cohesiveness is critical in that they need to know who will cover what on each blocking assignment...that is something that comes from playing together for years typically

Back
Top Bottom