Merged:O-line...O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!/????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:O-line...O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!/?????

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
O-line...O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!

If it gets fixed and is effective than Feeley/Sage/whoever will have time to stretch the field and get pressure off Ricky.If it doesn't, than chances are pretty good that we Phin fans will get a taste of what a losing season feels like. And right now, the only PEEP I've heard about upgrading the O-line has been that we're one of several teams talking to a Right Guard from the Bears(yes, another one). No replacement for Dixon...no word on Chesters rehab, no GOOD word on being able to resign Wade. You want a common thread among Playoff teams last season? Defense and O-line. It wasn't QB's, it wasn't RB's, it wasn't WR's. It was effective Defense and VERY good O-lines. Until we can look at our O-line and KNOW that they're going to give our QB 2-3 chances to go deep, and KNOW that they're going to give Ricky 1 yard before he's hit, we're not only not going anywhere, we're probably going backwards.

:hail:....we don't agree about much but, in this instance I'd have to say.... Preach on, brother phin!!!

we need to do lots of work on our OL once we clear some cap space. We especially need to figure out Ruddy and Perry since w/o them we have only 1 returning starter on the line :eek:

Valiariel w/b a good pickup if he is not overpriced, but then we c/use a young guy at the other OG and Mckinney at C, but still need a RT. It will be great cap work IMO to get this done...

Another possibility is getting Wade and Nails back and drafting someone to play OG in rd 1 like Vernon C

or drafting Andrews to play RT if he's around...

We needed to get a new QB. I think you'll see us to go work on the o-line next. Keep on mind that free agency hasn't even started yet so what do you want them to do? They can't get anyone yet. The name Woody's been trown out there. The pats are letting him walk. If we can somehow get this guy our line will be better right there. Smith should improve at LT, Seth will start at center and Wade's staying at RT. All we need is 2 guards unless Nails is back healthy the way he was in 2002. If we get Woddy he'll start at one guard and Nails or a rookie(Carey?) would start at the other guard spot. That'd give us a fine o-line imo.

Ozzy rules!!

This is very true. As much as we are all focused on the QB now we shpould all remember that it begins and ends wioth Ricky's ability to run the ball.

"Chesters rehab"

I'm lost on this one??? the only Chester I know is Larry our D-lineman...we had another Chester on the O side?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
"Chesters rehab"

I'm lost on this one??? the only Chester I know is Larry our D-lineman...we had another Chester on the O side?

Sorry...I meant Jaime Nails. Gigantic Fat Linemen tend to get mixed up in my head...:lol:

So don't be suprised if

Miami takes maimi dt Wolfork (sp) with it's first pick, especially if Ogun leaves and Vernon Carrey is off the board.

I read that Miami has made Wade a very acceptable offer. Even though its a bit high IMO (5 year $25 million that includes a $10 million signing bonus) With that kind of money paid, Wade better become the dominate RT that we all thought he would be after his rookie season.

well it was a good mistake

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Sorry...I meant Jaime Nails. Gigantic Fat Linemen tend to get mixed up in my head...:lol:

becasue with O-gun possibly leaving, Zgonina and Bowens getting up there in age, Bowens in price. It won't be a bad idea to fill that hole before it springs a leak if you know what I mean.

Oh got it now!!! Thanks for the correction!!!

It looks like they very well might resign Todd Wade.

IMO...we need to get a vet at the LT position...I hope we don't even think about brining Dixon back...too injury prone...he was great here but gets hurt too much...if we do bring him back...only at the vet minimum. We do have a lot of ??? on the our O-line...and I think this will get addressed in the draft!!!

Re: So don't be suprised if

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Miami takes maimi dt Wolfork (sp) with it's first pick, especially if Ogun leaves and Vernon Carrey is off the board.
I w/say no way unless we resign Wade and Nails and cut Tim Bo

I highly doubt that miami will spend a 1st round pick on a DT...no way!!!

I'm not saying it would be a horrible move...I'm just saying with all the pressure to upgrade the O...I doubt Rick goes for D in the 1st round...unless Sean Taylor falls to us...then you got to do it...but that's highly doubtful!!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
:hail:....we don't agree about much but, in this instance I'd have to say.... Preach on, brother phin!!!

Show me someone that will go out and build a house without first putting down a footer and foundation and I'll show you a fool! Without that foundation the entire house will collapse. The Offensive Line is the FOUNDATION of a successful offense. The F.O. knows this!

I think we get a 2nd 1st rounder from Ogunleye, it'll go for a Defensive linemen, personally.

Back
Top Bottom