Merged:O-line...O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!/????? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:O-line...O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!/?????

Originally posted by themole

Show me someone that will go out and build a house without first putting down a footer and foundation and I'll show you a fool! Without that foundation the entire house will collapse. The Offensive Line is the FOUNDATION of a successful offense. The F.O. knows this!

The FO didn't know this LAST off-season. They decided to build a house on Miami beach with a foundation made of BALSA WOOD!!! And the results we are all painfully familiar with. Right now, the FO needs to prove themselves to me after the INCREDIBLY bone headed moves last season.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

The FO didn't know this LAST off-season. They decided to build a house on Miami beach with a foundation made of BALSA WOOD!!! And the results we are all painfully familiar with. Right now, the FO needs to prove themselves to me after the INCREDIBLY bone headed moves last season.

Listen 1227...I'm afraid the F.O. doesn't NEED to prove anything to you, if they don't, what ya gonna do, switch over to the Bucs? They are going to run this team the way they see fit, with the money they have to operate on.

None of us were invited to the war room and have privleged information as to what the F.O. was up to concerning the O.L. last year. I recall them trying to address the O.L. by getting a new center, Gandy, and a number of others in. It didn't happen due to cap reasons. Who would have thought Dixon would miss the entire season, Nails wouldn't recover fully. As Clump has been telling the members on this board for some time. We are in cap jail! We cannot make the moves we need to make without sacrificing elsewhere!

Yet we still remain competitive!

A loosing season and I mean a very SOLID ONE is exactly what this fan base needs if they are not willing to SUFFER through the 10-6,11-5s & 9-7 seasons wev'e all been enduring.

Another thing they might want to consider is to throw away the Maddens,and quit their fantasy league. Yall ain't no GM, or HC. Most couldn't get a Pop Warner team above 500 and wouldn't make a pimple on a VERY BAD NFL coaches a$$.

Here's a word to the wise...WE are all just "Boogers in the nose of life" as far as the business of the Miami Dolphins is concerned. Sit back and enjoy whatever the final product turns out to be. Be a FAN.

Is Wayne H going to lose a night of sleep if I don't believe in the FO? No freakin way. But if they expect us to believe what they say, and spend our fan dollors, than they need to have something to back that up.

We remained competetive? Who are you kidding? By the middle of the season it was PAINFULLY obvious that our O-line made us a tier 2 team. And who thought that Dixon would be injured and Nails wouldn't fully recover? I did for one. I pointed out REPEATEDLY during the off season that it was insane to go into the season with NO veteran depth behind an O-line that was either coming off serious injury, or was full of players that couldn't make it through 16 games. I must have posted about that 3-4 times last year. And I'm not as upset about missing out on new players as I am about getting rid of what depth we DID have. Spriggs and Smith weren't world beaters, but they were cheap and they were reliable. But Wanny dumped them anyway without a viable option should he fail to upgrade, which he did. Then he gave away a 2nd round pick to the Patriots just to AGAIN fail to make the move he wanted to make. Maybe Spielman can get it done. Maybe he went home every night and punched the wall because Wanny didn't do what he wanted him to do personell-wise. But that's just a big fat WISH on the part of all Dolphins fans until demonstrated otherwise. And given the track record of the front office, I've adopted an "I'll believe it when I see it attitude". In my opinion, they've done nothing to deserve more than that.

O-line Questions

Most of the recent topics have been about the QB and WR positions, but our O-line concerns me as much as anything. I watched the second Buffalo on my DVR over the weekend (already suffering football withdrawl) and our rookie LT was beaten all day long in that game. If he doesn't improve significantly next season we're going to need more than new guards in the offseason, or we're going to struggle to run and pass once again.

You have got to consider that Wade Smith was thrown in way too soon. Most lineman take a couple of years to become solid starters. Wade Smith was supposed to sit back observe and get stronger as 3rd or 2nd string tackle. Wade has a huge upside. But I agree that the O-line is a major priority

Originally posted by Trackstar#6
You have got to consider that Wade Smith was thrown in way too soon. Most lineman take a couple of years to become solid starters. Wade Smith was supposed to sit back observe and get stronger as 3rd or 2nd string tackle. Wade has a huge upside. But I agree that the O-line is a major priority

If you're talking 2005, than I'd agree. But Smith needs a ton of work in the gym, as well as on the field. I'll feel a little better about him as a back-up this season, but if he's a starter in September, than I hope Ricky takes a vacation to avoid getting beat up for nothing all over again.

That is exactly wha I meant. He was and is still supposed to sit back, learn and get stronger for the future.

I thought Smith looked pretty weak last year. But, almost universally everyone is saying that the kid has great ability and talent. At some point even I have to admit that there are people that know how to evaluate lineman better than my learned fan knowledge.

That only leaves us with the question of whether he will improve enough in one year to be soid at LT. I would say, stick him on the bench for another year, but as we have shown, I'm, not exactly seeing this kid right.

Originally posted by Trackstar#6
That is exactly wha I meant. He was and is still supposed to sit back, learn and get stronger for the future.

Right...which means that as of today we have NOBODY starting at LT. Not even a prospective starter. And that's a pretty darned scary position to be in considering the success we had LAST season trying to fill that very same spot.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Is Wayne H going to lose a night of sleep if I don't believe in the FO? No freakin way. But if they expect us to believe what they say, and spend our fan dollors, than they need to have something to back that up.

We remained competetive? Who are you kidding? By the middle of the season it was PAINFULLY obvious that our O-line made us a tier 2 team. And who thought that Dixon would be injured and Nails wouldn't fully recover? I did for one. I pointed out REPEATEDLY during the off season that it was insane to go into the season with NO veteran depth behind an O-line that was either coming off serious injury, or was full of players that couldn't make it through 16 games. I must have posted about that 3-4 times last year. And I'm not as upset about missing out on new players as I am about getting rid of what depth we DID have. Spriggs and Smith weren't world beaters, but they were cheap and they were reliable. But Wanny dumped them anyway without a viable option should he fail to upgrade, which he did. Then he gave away a 2nd round pick to the Patriots just to AGAIN fail to make the move he wanted to make. Maybe Spielman can get it done. Maybe he went home every night and punched the wall because Wanny didn't do what he wanted him to do personell-wise. But that's just a big fat WISH on the part of all Dolphins fans until demonstrated otherwise. And given the track record of the front office, I've adopted an "I'll believe it when I see it attitude". In my opinion, they've done nothing to deserve more than that.

You took the "remain competitive" statement a little out of context didn't you?

Not only was I speaking of the last four years.."remaining competitive"...but the Phins have had to deal with the consequences of winning 61% of their games over the past 38 yrs. All you have seen is the GOOD times...I suffered through the first four years also.. so I.. as a Dolphan, have known the BITTER TASTE OF DEFEAT and I'm quite proud of the accomplishments of this franchise.

We will "overcome"!

Originally posted by themole

You took the "remain competitive" statement a little out of context didn't you?

Not only was I speaking of the last four years.."remaining competitive"...but the Phins have had to deal with the consequences of winning 61% of their games over the past 38 yrs. All you have seen is the GOOD times...I suffered through the first four years also.. so I.. as a Dolphan, have known the BITTER TASTE OF DEFEAT and I'm quite proud of the accomplishments of this franchise.

We will "overcome"!

Sorry, that's how I thought you meant it. For the record I've been a Dolphins fansince I was old enough to understand the game...so call it '79 or so(although I was watching it with my dad as far back as I can remember. So I remember the WoodStrock years. I remember the debacle when Don left. I've seen it as bad as the Phins are likely to get. But all of that aside, this is what concerns me...Ricky isn't going to last forever...nor are the stars we have on D. If they don't get the O-line fixed soon, we're going to shorten those careers even FURTHER. Ricky will continue to get beaten to death, and the D will continue to have to slug it out game after game. I'll ALWAYS be a Phin fan...but I can't bring myself to give them the benefit of the doubt asnymore.

Back
Top Bottom