Merged: Official "Let's Comment on what Speil had to say" thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Official "Let's Comment on what Speil had to say" thread

Lol.. This press conference was reminiscent of the Bush press conference for some reason...

"How do you feel about not getting any pro bowl players out of your previous draft picks?"

Dodge dodge dodge.. But Rick made a good point.. I think McMichael and CHambers will be Pro Bowlers at some point.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Lol.. This press conference was reminiscent of the Bush press conference for some reason...

"How do you feel about not getting any pro bowl players out of your previous draft picks?"

Dodge dodge dodge.. But Rick made a good point.. I think McMichael and CHambers will be Pro Bowlers at some point.

I was about to say the same thing.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Ooooh...thats interesting...he's talking specifically about whether a guy can change and says they can change but a leopard doesnt change his spots and eventually he comes back to it...they do a lot of psych testing...talked specifically about weight said ok a guy loses a bunch of weight gets that contract then balloons back up etc...

The reporters bit tried to get him to comment specifically more on Andrews...

I would agree with that observation. Still don't think we learned much. I thought it was interesting how quickly he answered which positions were deepest in the draft and to me a slight tip of hand that they had done the most homework at those positions. He said DT, CB, "obviously WR", and saftey were the deepest spots.

Originally posted by Jorser

I would agree with that observation. Still don't think we learned much. I thought it was interesting how quickly he answered which positions were deepest in the draft and to me a slight tip of hand that they had done the most homework at those positions. He said DT, CB, "obviously WR", and saftey were the deepest spots.
to me, that means we will be able to pick up those positions later in the draft....common sense says that if you need something other than those positions you better get it early....I could be wrong though....It's happened once before....:D

he said OL and S were deep, i.e. s/b someone good available available in the 3rd RD - wonder if that means he's thinking DT or WR in rd1 :hmmm:

Did he talk more about CB's than any of the rest of you were comfortable about? Made me a bit nervous.

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
Did he talk more about CB's than any of the rest of you were comfortable about? Made me a bit nervous.
he was asked why so many CBs from small schools we never heard of were taken relatively early lately ;)

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan

Haven't heard it yet, but if he did, it was smoke.

RS sure did not tip his hand at all....the questions were about OL, WR, S, DT, but the answers were non-specific. If I was another team listening to this, all I got was how the media felt we should go....that's good...

CK...when he made the comment about Taylor, The question was something like "do you go into the draft, in the first round with a specific need player and what do you do if he isn't there" (paraphrased)....His comment was, well if S. Taylor is there when you pick, do you pass him up (got a few chuckles from the boys)...and someone tried to get him to say who he had targeted, and he just said, yeah, you guys have all read Kipers book...

Ohio, his biggest comment about CBs was that this particular draft is very heavy with CBs that are 6' or more...(like 14, I think he said...)

Originally posted by dolphan39
he said OL and S were deep, i.e. s/b someone good available available in the 3rd RD - wonder if that means he's thinking DT or WR in rd1 :hmmm:

I did not hear him say OL was deep. And it is not, so I don't think he would have said that.

Originally posted by inFINSible
to me, that means we will be able to pick up those positions later in the draft....common sense says that if you need something other than those positions you better get it early....I could be wrong though....It's happened once before....:D

I agree with you Infisible. I would think that if you formulated any opinion from what he said it supports the popular opinion of OL early and WR later with DT and DB in the middle. He also said that there was some excellent value with DB's in the middle rounds.

Back
Top Bottom