MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 105 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

well i got my wish last friday: paul maurice officially named head of the leafs :hi5: - he's got the right ideas about toronto's future direction - with a lot of dead weight though, i see a big purging ahead - buying out belfour would be a good start and give them an extra 3 mill to spend this year and then there's the owan nolan grievance hearings that started yesterday - good news is that any awarded monies owed to him will not count against this years cap - there's also talk about a possible trade for the return of gary roberts - the guy isn't getting any younger but he can clear the path to the net for sundin, bang in garbage goals and forecheck ferociously - he also brings something to the team that sundin lacks: a leader in the locker room - i know the leafs would love to sign up chara or redden with mccabes resigning still up in the air

mccabe update...

Maple Leafs general manager John Ferguson is not averse to a no-trade contract to keep defenceman Bryan McCabe in Toronto. McCabe, soon to be an unrestricted free agent, dropped huge hints earlier this week that he's looking for such a provision in his next deal, either with the Leafs, or as some suspect, a New York-area team. Apparently Brian's wife is from Long Island and says family issues will play a big role in his decision, particularly a stable home base, thus the no-trade request...

Back
Top Bottom