MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 103 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

crosbt shouldnt even sniff the calder...lundqvist more deserving than both IMO..i mean he actually carried his team to the playoffs as opposed to a top 5 draft pick

Slappy8800 said:
crosbt shouldnt even sniff the calder...lundqvist more deserving than both IMO..i mean he actually carried his team to the playoffs as opposed to a top 5 draft pick

i agree some what but it isn't Most Valuable Rookie

Crisis said:
Thornton wasn't producing in Boston this year (atleast at this pace). The change of scenery is great for him.

It's not like the trade was bad for Boston, they got some good players in return, good trade for Boston, just happened to be a great one for San Jose.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what he does in the playoffs, or if he's just the same ol' Joe.
Trading the leading scorer and possible M.V.P. for a third line winger, a #3 defenseman and a scrub forward who is a dime a dozen on waivers is a good trade?

Joe was getting a point a game in Boston. The issue in Boston was NOT Joe Thornton.

It was a horrid defense (thanks to O'Connell failing to see how bad it was and letting Nick Boynton sit for all of training camp while he argued about $50,000.00).

Lack of depth at forward (letting Mike Knuble, Michael Nylander and Brian Rolston walk for NOTHING IN RETURN was not a brilliant move).

No experienced back up goaltender.

Letting Mike Sullivan return as head coach after he had shown an inability to adjust his "style" to the talent around him.

There was NOTHING good about that trade. When your team is struggling, you don't trade a guy who is your leading scorer and captain and coming into his prime for a bag of crap just to try and save your own ***.

What Mike O'Connel did in a span of less then a year was CRIMINAL.

Slappy8800 said:
Youngest 100 point player in the history of the NHL.

Only the 7th player in the history of the NHL to get 100 points as a rookie. (Statsny, Mario, Hawerchuk, Teemu, Joe Juneau and Ovechkin were the others).

I think that is MORE then deserving of a sniff at the Calder. He's a finalist...along with Ovechkin and Lundqvist.

Crosby is barely 19 years old. This was his first season playing against men (Ovechkin and Lundqvist both played in their countries respective elite leagues.).

Biron & Miller end the year with back-to-back shutouts, our only ones all year!!

0 in 80 games, 2 in 3 nights. Go figure.

Sabres playing great hockey before the playoffs.

so...pissed....off....i.....cant.....speak.........must...shed.....blood...of...the....innocent....

Who does Montreal start for the playoffs now?

Abby- Has expierence and has had a solid season

Huet- The hot hand who just lost in a game against Jersey when having a 2 goal lead in the third! He also has no expierence

side note: Huet had 15 shots against him in third period!

Slappy8800 said:

Are you crazy? Carried the team? Have you seen the team around this guy? Jagr, Sykora, Prucha who is a promising rookie, Rucinski, Nylander, Martin Straka, and on D there is Malik who is pretty big and a solid defenseman, and Poti. I know that's not a promising defensive system, but with the guys on offense and the numbers they put up, they don't need a solid defense or goalie.

Now look at the Washington Capitals. Who helps out Ovechkin on that team? Zubrus and Pettinger are the only people on that team who sometimes consistently can put the puck in the net besides Ovechkin. There was a thing I briefly saw on television the other night and it was the team percentage of points by one player, Pavel Bure was #1 on the list with 29% and I believe Ovechkin was at #3 with 27% of his teams points. That is a high percentage of his team's points!

Though, I can't disagree with you about Crosby(too much). But he is 18 years old, editing unifiedtheory's post, and that is amazing to be playing with people twice his age, some having 20 years of NHL experience, but he has about 4 guys on his team with over 60 points, so he does have some help, a lot more than Ovechkin. Though he still has less help than Lundqvist.

Ovechkin is my pick for Calder, and Crosby will be considered a close 2nd, but I don't think people will take in too much consideration of his age. So I still say Ovechkin, Crosby, and then Lundqvist.

Back
Top Bottom