MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 102 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

What a run by my Leafs. Just a shame they couldn't do it earlier but definately some positives to build on for next year. Now if JFJ can sign a solid forward and defenseman we'll be on our way. I'm still not sure you give that big contract to MCcabe. I guess we'll see how the market plays out with Chara, Redden, and Kubina (whom I'd love to see with Kabs and would be cheaper than Mc) available.

And BTW I'll go against the tide and say the Flyers will surprise a LOT of people here. They're far from the 1st round pretenders they're made out to be in this thread especially with Carter, Umberger and Forsberg taking over like they've done recently. They've also got one of the best coaching staffs around, are playoff tested and haven't really peaked yet. If they can get some guys like Kapanen, Nedved and Handzus to contribute (they have before), get Johnsson back on that blueline (basically their number 1 d-man with Pitkanen) and get solid goaltending from Niti watch out they'll be very dangerous. That last thing will be especially key. Esche looked like a sieve today, he shouldn't see another minute this year.

Ugh. Eliminated from contention yesterday + Quinn starts Tellgoal in nets = Double deflator. Sabres promptly score 2 in the opening minutes. Tellgoal is playing himself out of a backup job right now. He's behind Aubin and Racine on the depth chart for next year. And we're expected to sign another goalie.

For the Sabres, Miller has looked real solid. Unfortunately for the Sabres this game isn't as important as the one played this afternoon. NJ blew up Philly which means that the Sabres will probably be faced with the worst possible scenario. They'll have to play the hottest team in the league right off the bat.

I thought if the Rangers lose to OTT in regulation and NJ wins out they take the division, in which case we'd face the Rangers instead.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!! ANDREW PETERS!!

clear.gif

Crisis said:
I thought if the Rangers lose to OTT in regulation and NJ wins out they take the division, in which case we'd face the Rangers instead.

My bad you're right. NJ could vault into 3rd place. Boy, what a game that will be against Montreal. Last game of the season. Huge implications for both teams. The Habs need at least a point or else risk being booted out (TB and Atlanta will probably, with the teams they're facing, win out) and drop the Habs to 9th and the Devils would probably much rather face the Flyers than the Sabres in the 1st because they match up a lot better against them.

Crisis said:
dude, that was hillarious. if I didnt despise the leafs and if tucker didnt take out hecht with a cheap shot, I may have thought that was uncalled for:lol:

anyways, it looks like the sabres are back on track, and Miller is playing amazing. I just hope we dont have to face the Devils in first round:boohoo:

Pink_Dove said:
Ugh. Eliminated from contention yesterday + Quinn starts Tellgoal in nets = Double deflator. Sabres promptly score 2 in the opening minutes. Tellgoal is playing himself out of a backup job right now. He's behind Aubin and Racine on the depth chart for next year. And we're expected to sign another goalie.

For the Sabres, Miller has looked real solid. Unfortunately for the Sabres this game isn't as important as the one played this afternoon. NJ blew up Philly which means that the Sabres will probably be faced with the worst possible scenario. They'll have to play the hottest team in the league right off the bat.

Pink Dove at least we know Aubin will be contending for the starting spot with whatever veteran we bring in. (Josepth, Greber etc) Especially after Telleqvist played himself off this team today!

Slappy8800 said:
Thornton wins MVP...im callin it

Him or Jagr...in fact im a little shocked you said thornton.

On a side note: Crosby reaches 100 points.

jagr isnt even team MVP let alone league

SJ is 34-14-7 since acquiring Thornton.....rangers poor record without Lundqvist....Rangers can winwithout jagr scoring..Thornton is the MVP

Slappy8800 said:
jagr isnt even team MVP let alone league

SJ is 34-14-7 since acquiring Thornton.....rangers poor record without Lundqvist....Rangers can winwithout jagr scoring..Thornton is the MVP
34-14-7

34-14-7

34-14-7

Someone should brand that into Mike O'Connell and Harry Sinden's ****ing foreheads!!!!!!!:tantrum::fire::tantrum::fire::tantrum::fire:

God I hate those ****ers!

I know O'Connell got his *** run out of town...it was not soon enough.

Thornton wasn't producing in Boston this year (atleast at this pace). The change of scenery is great for him.

It's not like the trade was bad for Boston, they got some good players in return, good trade for Boston, just happened to be a great one for San Jose.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what he does in the playoffs, or if he's just the same ol' Joe.

Back
Top Bottom