Merged: Ogun,Madison,CC= Moss? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ogun,Madison,CC= Moss?

Originally posted by nick19991

Yes it is, they should not be any combination of those, one of any of those is enough. Either Ogun, or Madison, or picks but no combination

i would give madison and Ogun and we get their third round pick. otherwise i want nothing to do with it.

Um... am I missing something? This is RANDY MOSS. You know... 6'5, fastest reciever in the league, amazing hands, and most of all his NAME ALONE will force defenses to respect the pass no matter WHO our QB is. To give up an overrated corner, O-Gun (we are losing anyway) and Chris chambers (Look... the guy is amazing but its foolish to compare him to Randy Moss) is more than fair. And as long as we don't give a first rounder we will be able to DRAFT a DAMN GOOD reciever to play besides Moss... plus we already have Tolver!... Okay, imagine Moss, Tolver and if we draft Lee... that would have to be the fastest recieving core in the league. This trade would put a SMILE ON MY FACE mostly because the more star power (CC SHOULD be a star but he isn't which ends up hurting our running game) in the passing game, the more the running game opens up. Randy is perenially double covered which makes it imposible for defenses to load up the box. This would be GRAND...

We had to start another thread about this? I posted the exact title quote in one of the other Moss threads about 2 hours ago.

Sorry to step on your toes, didn't see and didn't know people were so sensitive.

You're absolutely right, so what would the Vikings actually be losing.

Originally posted by FuR_DoGG
Um... am I missing something? This is RANDY MOSS. You know... 6'5, fastest reciever in the league, amazing hands, and most of all his NAME ALONE will force defenses to respect the pass no matter WHO our QB is. To give up an overrated corner, O-Gun (we are losing anyway) and Chris chambers (Look... the guy is amazing but its foolish to compare him to Randy Moss) is more than fair. And as long as we don't give a first rounder we will be able to DRAFT a DAMN GOOD reciever to play besides Moss... plus we already have Tolver!... Okay, imagine Moss, Tolver and if we draft Lee... that would have to be the fastest recieving core in the league. This trade would put a SMILE ON MY FACE mostly because the more star power (CC SHOULD be a star but he isn't which ends up hurting our running game) in the passing game, the more the running game opens up. Randy is perenially double covered which makes it imposible for defenses to load up the box. This would be GRAND...

To answer your question, YES, you ARE missing something. Logic, clear thinking, reason, and good judgement.
His "NAME ALONE" will force D's to respect our passing game? HA. Dude, you've bene playing too much Madden GameCube. If Jay, for example, was passing to Moss, the defenses would laugh at us like they do now.
And your logic (er, I mean illogic) about that Chambers SHOULD be a star but he's not, just goes to show you how a crappy QB like Jay can make a "SHOULD-BE star NOT a star. CC is not a star because his QB sucks, not because HE sucks. Do you seriously think Randy Moss would still be God with Jay throwing him the ball?
Your comments about Tolver, I mean, c'mon. Speed? Who gives a rat's azz? How many speedsters have come and gone because speed is all they had. McKnight was a prime example.
Getting rid of CC would be a huge mistake....we need a QB who can allow him to be the star he is capable of being.
Hope this helps you realize some of the things you were "missing".
:rolleyes2

Miami should sign Jeff Blake if they trade for moss. He would be a decent quarterback for a moss offense.

It is idiotic for a number of reasons. We are a running team. Moss wants the ball and becomes disruptive when he doesn't get it. He would not be happy with the Dolphins.

Feeley to Moss?!?! Can you imagine that! I love CC, but Moss is my favorite WR in the NFL. The man has skills, so does CC, but I would give up a lot to get Moss, he is one of my favorite players in NFL. If we do this, I would say go O-line, or CB (yes CB) in 1st round :)

Originally posted by fairbanksb
It is idiotic for a number of reasons. We are a running team. Moss wants the ball and becomes disruptive when he doesn't get it. He would not be happy with the Dolphins.

I think that's more a trait of TO and Me-shawn than Moss, not saying Moss doesn't do it, just not as much as the other two. I don't know why Chambers would be included in a package, because one of the main goals of the offseason was to get another good WR to go along with Chambers, and trading him away to get a WR kind of defeats the purpose, now doesn't it?

No way I would give up that much for Moss. I think it's fair for the Vikings to ask that much, but the Dolphins shouldn't bite. If they end up trading O-gun, Madison, Chambers AND draft pick(s) for one player, no matter who it is, I will be extremely pi$$ed off.

Maybe O-gun and some picks (NOT a first-rounder)

Maybe Madison and some picks (again, NOT a first-rounder)

Maybe even Madison and O-gun (no picks)

I wouldn't even consider a trade with Chambers in the equation.

Not three of our best starters. No how, no way. And CERTAINLY not this season, with as much WR talent in the draft as there is. I think Spielman is smart enough to realise that a trade like that doesn't make the Phins better, it only adds one superstar at the expense of the overall team.

At least I HOPE he's smart enough to realise that.

Back
Top Bottom