Merged: Omar Jacobs/Marcus Vick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs/Marcus Vick

RunRonnieRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Vick/Jacobs enter draft.....

Even though Im not sure we will draft either, or if we should......its a good thing that they are entering. The more possibly draftable quarterbacks that are in the draft, the better.

Looking at need, I still think we have a chance at cutler. Looking at the draft.....after about the first 6 picks, a QB shouldnt be taken until us. Leinart and Young will be above Cutler on everyones boards.....also D'brickashaw F. will get drafted somewhere in there, probably Hawk as well.

We really, really, need Young to enter the draft for a chance at Cutler.

If not cutler in the first.....I dont have a problem with Vick in the 3rd. Miami has never had a QB with his althletic ability and speed. (not even dan, LOL).

But regardless....the more QB that declare, the better spot we will be in

BLITZKRIEG said:
They both stink....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
Classic childish post without an explanation to backup your statement.

RunRonnieRun said:
Even though Im not sure we will draft either, or if we should......its a good thing that they are entering. The more possibly draftable quarterbacks that are in the draft, the better.

Looking at need, I still think we have a chance at cutler. Looking at the draft.....after about the first 6 picks, a QB shouldnt be taken until us. Leinart and Young will be above Cutler on everyones boards.....also D'brickashaw F. will get drafted somewhere in there, probably Hawk as well.

We really, really, need Young to enter the draft for a chance at Cutler.

If not cutler in the first.....I dont have a problem with Vick in the 3rd. Miami has never had a QB with his althletic ability and speed. (not even dan, LOL).

But regardless....the more QB that declare, the better spot we will be in

good post, unlike the post after it

marcus vick is going to be in jail by the time the draft comes around. that guy cant control himself.

Blueprint said:
Classic childish post without an explanation to backup your statement.

There's no explanation needed if you watch them play.....

They both have tons of growing up to do, and neither have been very impressive in college. Sure, Jacobs numbers were solid, but look at the conference he plays in, it's cake. When he was matched-up against the better defensive teams, he looked average at best....

Jacobs and Vick will need at least two to three years of grooming before being ready to play at this level IMO. If that's the kind of project you'd like to entertain, go ahead. I myself would rather find a QB who is more "NFL Ready" than either one of those two....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

SQuinn17 said:
marcus vick is going to be in jail by the time the draft comes around. that guy cant control himself.

:sidelol::sidelol:its ture:sidelol::sidelol:

Like the other guy said, Jacobs maybe but not Vick.I'm still hoping for Cutler but if he's gone then we'll just take the best LT or LB on the board unless a real good D-lineman falls and we'll worry about QB later.Maybe we can still get Carr.In the later round we could look at Croyle,Whitehurst,Olsen or Betts in the 5 or 6 round area.

Ozzy rules!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
There's no explanation needed if you watch them play.....

They both have tons of growing up to do, and neither have been very impressive in college. Sure, Jacobs numbers were solid, but look at the conference he plays in, it's cake. When he was matched-up against the better defensive teams, he looked average at best....

Jacobs and Vick will need at least two to three years of grooming before being ready to play at this level IMO. If that's the kind of project you'd like to entertain, go ahead. I myself would rather find a QB who is more "NFL Ready" than either one of those two....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Looking at his stats for a number of games and the rankings defensively of all the teams he's played, against the two teams ranked in the top 40 defensively and top 40 in pass defensive he passed for 315 yards and 3 TD's in one and 178 yards on a 62% completion rate with 3 TD's in the other. Those are supposed to be average at best stats?

Also how do you guys come up with these arbitrary times of development? Vick was a much rawer talent than either two of these guys and he was starting in his second year and took his team to the playoffs no less.

Omar or Vick?

Mike Vick got kicked out of VT today after been a today jerk so he is in the draft and Omar Jacobs entered the NFL draft hopefully VInce Young goes in so we have a chance at one of those two quaterbacks id rather have Jacobs or Draft Chad JAckson out of UF b4 vick

I dont know that anyone will take Vick very high, considering he was riding the Vick name to begin with. He's not as fast as Mike (but close), I dont think hes even as good of a QB. But a team my take a late round flyer on him and stuff his first contract with conduct clauses.

Phinja said:
I dont know that anyone will take Vick very high, considering he was riding the Vick name to begin with. He's not as fast as Mike (but close), I dont think hes even as good of a QB. But a team my take a late round flyer on him and stuff his first contract with conduct clauses.
Did you watch VT at all this year? With the exception of Miami, Marcus Vick had a near-perfect season. He's a far better passer than Michael but he knows how and when to run as well. I'm not saying he'll go in the first round or anything but there's more to him than just the name.

Between those 2, I would hope for Jacobs. I didnt see many of his games this year, but did he ever take a snap from under center? That would be my main concern with him.
As for Vick dont really care for him on or off the field.

Back
Top Bottom