Merged: Omar Jacobs/Marcus Vick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs/Marcus Vick

daniel3 said:
Looking at his stats for a number of games and the rankings defensively of all the teams he's played, against the two teams ranked in the top 40 defensively and top 40 in pass defensive he passed for 315 yards and 3 TD's in one and 178 yards on a 62% completion rate with 3 TD's in the other. Those are supposed to be average at best stats?

I've watched Jacobs play because of all the hype he's attracted, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. He was all over the place, and looked very timid in the pocket. He's simply "overrated" IMO...

Also how do you guys come up with these arbitrary times of development?

Easy, look at the average time it takes for most rookie QB's to develope, and add a year or two. That's what I do....

Vick was a much rawer talent than either two of these guys and he was starting in his second year and took his team to the playoffs no less.

No way. Mike Vick was a stud at VATECH, and he with his speed / ellusivness, entering the NFL posed no real threat to him. He was raw yes, but he was much more "NFL Ready" than either Jacobs or his younger brother....

PHINZ RULE!!!

popularwar said:
Did you watch VT at all this year? With the exception of Miami, Marcus Vick had a near-perfect season. He's a far better passer than Michael but he knows how and when to run as well. I'm not saying he'll go in the first round or anything but there's more to him than just the name.

Thing is VT is a run first team. Mike looked like a great passer coming from college, and while he has his moments, he isnt really considered a threat to beat you through the air. I think that perception of Mike, coupled with Marcus' laundry list of transgressions, will make a long daft day for Marcus.

popularwar said:
Did you watch VT at all this year? With the exception of Miami, Marcus Vick had a near-perfect season. He's a far better passer than Michael but he knows how and when to run as well. I'm not saying he'll go in the first round or anything but there's more to him than just the name.

More to him than just the name, absolutely...like bad character, driving suspensions, feeding alcohol to minors. The guy is bad news with debatable talent. Sadly for us in Canada, he'll end up in the CFL and become a public menace. Between the two, it's an easy choice - Jacobs has much more potential, more talent as a qb (one that throws) and wouldn't be a nightmare for any franchise.

SamDaMan29 said:
Mike Vick got kicked out of VT today after been a today jerk so he is in the draft and Omar Jacobs entered the NFL draft hopefully VInce Young goes in so we have a chance at one of those two quaterbacks id rather have Jacobs or Draft Chad JAckson out of UF b4 vick

Vick will end up in Atlanta.

The Falcons will use a mid to late round pick on him hoping being around his big brother will straighten him out.

Marcus Vick is a thug, he should go to the Raiders(hopefully they waste a high draft choice on him too). Omar Jacobs can flat throw the ball, I don't know about the off field part, but he can play. I don't think Marcus Vick can play, just like his brother, great athelete, not a good QB.

I wouldn't even waste a 7th round pick on Vick. He has been nothing but problems since he got to VT and his conduct on the field during the bowl game tells me he shoudln't even be allowed back on a field EVER. My thoughts on the whole thing is he had already decided to leave VT and the school kicked him out to save face. His attitude with being kicked out was so what I'll just move on to the next level. I hope nobody in the NFL even gives him a sideways look.

its marcus vick, and he is only 20 i believe and hell be a good prospect in acouple of years for some team. not ours tho. he is a better qb then michael,ask him urself, just mike is the elite athelete

I cant say I am that high on either. I have been somwhat of a Marcus fan but the guy just dosnt seem to get it. He was given multiple chances at VT to straighten himself out and he just wasnt very commited to trying imo.

I do not want Marcus Vick unless Saban thinks he can control himself and we spend a 4th round pick on him nothing more. Now Jacobs I wouldn't mind using a third on him if he is still around I think we have a good enough coaching staff to get him ready to go in a year and at the most 2.

cowtowndick said:
More to him than just the name, absolutely...like bad character, driving suspensions, feeding alcohol to minors. The guy is bad news with debatable talent. Sadly for us in Canada, he'll end up in the CFL and become a public menace. Between the two, it's an easy choice - Jacobs has much more potential, more talent as a qb (one that throws) and wouldn't be a nightmare for any franchise.

Hey we can draft him and pick up TO and then we can really be a screwed up team.

I can't believe this thread actually exists. I thought the idea was to get better!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I've watched Jacobs play because of all the hype he's attracted, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. He was all over the place, and looked very timid in the pocket. He's simply "overrated" IMO...

Easy, look at the average time it takes for most rookie QB's to develope, and add a year or two. That's what I do....

No way. Mike Vick was a stud at VATECH, and he with his speed / ellusivness, entering the NFL posed no real threat to him. He was raw yes, but he was much more "NFL Ready" than either Jacobs or his younger brother....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Explain what you mean by timid in the pocket and all over the place. I've never seen him play, but I've have yet to see him described as such by any analyst.

Also, my question really was why are you adding a year or two to the typical year or less that the majority of starters today have taken to adjust? Is there even a reasoning behind this? Plus, Vick was said to have even worse problems with his so called mechanics, but yet he managed to put up decent passing numbers in his first season as a starter. One year after joining the league. Now they don't have questions as serious about their arms, so why was he more ready?

Marcus Vick isn't a first rounder in this draft. I see him landing in the second or third round wearing a Chicago Bears uniform. That should solve every QB problems that Chicago have been facing for the past several years.

He would fit perfectly with Chicago especially with the type of players Chicago holds, Brian Urlacher can fix this kid's attitude by force.

Back
Top Bottom