Merged: Omar Jacobs/Marcus Vick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs/Marcus Vick

I'd prefer Jacobs, but Vick does have a good set of skills but his toubles may be too much for a developing franchise.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I've watched Jacobs play because of all the hype he's attracted, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. He was all over the place, and looked very timid in the pocket. He's simply "overrated" IMO...

Easy, look at the average time it takes for most rookie QB's to develope, and add a year or two. That's what I do....

No way. Mike Vick was a stud at VATECH, and he with his speed / ellusivness, entering the NFL posed no real threat to him. He was raw yes, but he was much more "NFL Ready" than either Jacobs or his younger brother....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Timid in the pocket? His best quality IMO is composure in the pocket. He stands up tall and dosn't look to run as soon as the play breaks down.
Average vs. good teams. Bust out the Wisconsin game this year, he looks fabulous on the road against a superior opponent.
Nearly every QB is going to take time to develop. Typicaly the ones that come in"NFL ready" are getting put into a good situation that has a team that can win without spectatular QB play(see Pittsburgh). Why do you add a year of development for these two; just because you said so?
And how was Vick more NFL ready than those too. He sat for a whole year, and here were are what 4 years later and he STILL has not fully developed as a QB. He has made improvements, but he is not where the team and the leauge envisioned him to be. He gets publicity because he is the fastest man on the field, not because he is a fully developed QB yet.

I wouldn't take eather IMO. Maybe Jacobs in the 4th round though. I wasnt too impressed when I saw this guy, but I think he would fit in our Offense well.

I think we should take a chance on QB Josh Betts from Miami OH in the six round.

marcus vick is maurice clarett bascially...he is a joke....u saw what happened when they played vs fsu and miami...they lost both times cause they were quick and fast defeneses just like what the nfl has to offer....he has no arm what so ever....i wouldnt even pick him....as far jacobs i saw him vs wisconsin on opening day thsi year,he looks good..he has some raw talent maybe needs a year to sit and watch but in the logn run i take him in the 2nd rd if he was there...:dolphins:

I love Omar Jacobs If we drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round id be really happy

As for Vick....just say no

Back
Top Bottom