[MERGED] On another site I heard we were interested in HENNE more than Flacco | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] On another site I heard we were interested in HENNE more than Flacco

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Do you think people are hoping and praying tha Henne will be the next Tom Brady coming out of Mich. I dont think he will be as good as Joe Flacco. Thats just my opinion but I dont like Henne that much he really didnt impress me in college. He had Manningham and Hart, and some other good players. What do you think. Henne or Flacco. Or do we take Brohm at 32. Or do we wait til 2nd day and take Booty or Woodson. Maybe Josh Johnson. I think I like Flacco the best. There arent really any good Qb coming out next year but do we wait and let Beck and McCown play maybe even pick up a Leftwich or try to get Simms. At this point your guess is as good as mine. Ive seen a few mocks that have us taking Flacco at 57 and Ive seen a few with us taking Brohm at 32. Alot of people are saying Brohm is better than Flacco and is NFL ready Do you see it that way.

Do you think people are hoping and praying tha Henne will be the next Tom Brady coming out of Mich. I dont think he will be as good as Joe Flacco. Thats just my opinion but I dont like Henne that much he really didnt impress me in college. He had Manningham and Hart, and some other good players. What do you think. Henne or Flacco. Or do we take Brohm at 32. Or do we wait til 2nd day and take Booty or Woodson. Maybe Josh Johnson. I think I like Flacco the best. There arent really any good Qb coming out next year but do we wait and let Beck and McCown play maybe even pick up a Leftwich or try to get Simms. At this point your guess is as good as mine. Ive seen a few mocks that have us taking Flacco at 57 and Ive seen a few with us taking Brohm at 32. Alot of people are saying Brohm is better than Flacco and is NFL ready Do you see it that way.

I really have not been that impressed with Brohm...I think he played in a gimmicky system just like Colt Brennan did at Hawaii. I think Henne would be a safer pick than Flacco. Henne went up against Big Ten competition, while Deleware played a soft schedule. I do think Flacco has a lot of potential though if he can work on his footwork a little...but he is pretty good at running it when he has too. I would not use the #32 pick on a QB....we should wait until our 2B pick and then hopefully Flacco or Henne are still there. If not, maybe take a risk and take Josh Johnson in the 4th....his stats at San Diego and combine performance were pretty impressive. I am kind of hoping we get Henne with our second round 2 pick. :)

Thanks for the input I have heard about Johnson But not enough to justify a top 100 on him. The Walter Mock i seen had us taking him at 96 but then they changed it to us taking Flacco at 57. I think the draft is too deep this year in QB to pass. Next year is not looking goo for QB prospects. On the other hand I alwaysliked Brennan but after I seen him play GA in the bowl I wonder. He definately need his mechanics worked on. I just dont know if hes got it > I hoped we were going to get him this year before the college season even started this year but now Im unsure. One player I think we should get with our 32 if we dont take Nicks though is Balmer DT out of UNC maybe he will fall to 57 then we take Henne with 64 Thanks

I like henne because he is a leader and players like him,Im not too high on Flacco beacuse of the type of offense ,QB that work alot in the shotgun are very risky in their NFL transition.I like brian brohm also. I like the way he knows were to go with the football and his football IQ.

My sources say that the Dolphins haven't made any contact with Flacco since checking him out at the Senior Bowl and Combine, while a radio interview by Henne with ESPN-760 host Evan Cohen indicates he could be the pick at No. 32 - if he's still there.
"They wanted to know my character, what I am as a person, as a player,'' Henne told Cohen. "[We went] through what I know, how I go about myself during the game and off the field. So, I've had good contact with them.''
Last week Dolphins quarterbacks coach David Lee and national scout Ron Labadie dined with Henne before attending his Pro Day the next day. Henne said they have another scheduled dinner with him next Tuesday in Ann Arbor, and possible a private workout on Wednesday.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/03/henne-moving-up.html

Actually Flacco has probably overcome Henne and might go in the first round .Henne would probably be the fourth QB selected and just might be the guy we take.:)

Henne

I never really watched Henne much but i did catch the bowl game with FLA and he looked damn good against them. If we could catch him in the 2nd or 3rd i wouldnt be mad about it. I ALSO am a big Beck supporter and I just think with the crapshoot which is picking a college QB it would be wiser to use the 2nd day to get one and not bypassing the one you already have.

But yeah I really did like Henne though. I am sure there are Michigan fans on this board that might know more than us about him. I just usually look at a guy that plays fast teams and see how they play against them to judge them.

Check My Post A

If you guys do a search you will See that I actually copied a statement regarding what B Parecells said when he was asking about him. I mentioned that Henne would be the pick already Stated Long AGo about Henne

I had the credible information that we all crave

if they feel we need a qb .i'm going with henne.

i think henne will end up being the best qb in the draft but it could be my michigan bias that i have. but i always find it funny that the teams in supper bowls always have contributers that played for michigan. yet all we have is a kicker. mind you one that only played a year at the school i believe.

I really have not been that impressed with Brohm...I think he played in a gimmicky system just like Colt Brennan did at Hawaii. I think Henne would be a safer pick than Flacco. Henne went up against Big Ten competition, while Deleware played a soft schedule. I do think Flacco has a lot of potential though if he can work on his footwork a little...but he is pretty good at running it when he has too. I would not use the #32 pick on a QB....we should wait until our 2B pick and then hopefully Flacco or Henne are still there. If not, maybe take a risk and take Josh Johnson in the 4th....his stats at San Diego and combine performance were pretty impressive. I am kind of hoping we get Henne with our second round 2 pick. :)

Weren't you a Brohm advocate last year?

Weren't you a Brohm advocate last year?

I thought he was one of the best QB's through his junior season but then he really fell off his senior year....just like Louisville did. I am not sure what happened? He went from being decent to looking crappy. :rolleyes:

I thought he was one of the best QB's through his junior season but then he really fell off his senior year....just like Louisville did. I am not sure what happened? He went from being decent to looking crappy. :rolleyes:

So did Marino which is one of the reasons the Dolphins were able to pick him up with the 26th first round selection so there is hope yet.:)

Let me tell you guys about Flacco, i was at his proday, and watched him workout. He is Amazing, with a capital A. The kid didnt miss a beat, and had an absolute RIFLE......he was throwing on the money whether it was a 15 yard out, or a 60 yard post pattern. Everything he threw was damn near perfect. The 25 scouts there LOVED him, including the teams that had 2 scouts each (bears, ravens, texans). Yes, the dolphins were represented, and the dolphins scout ran most of the drills. But every team there was drooling over him. I was there as media, as i conduct prospect interviews for the warroomreport.com. If i had to make my choise, he has the highest ceiling out of any other QB in this entire draft because of his size, raw ability, and un believable rocket arm.

Back
Top Bottom