Merged: Possible reason for Dolphins waiving Campbell | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Possible reason for Dolphins waiving Campbell

it all makes sense now. Kelly is an injury waiting to happen anyways . . . he wasn't going to make the team.

After reading the article . . . I think its kind of crazy that 1 X pill, and a quarter bag of weed gives you 2 felonies . . . shouldn't those be misdameanor charges. Lying about his identity . . . which could be considered fraud . . .got him the misdemeanor. We live in a crazy society.
There is no way a quarter is a felony, giving false info to an officer isn't fraud I think there's a specific charge which is a felony called providing an officer with false info, and the other one's gotta be the X, they don't take too kindly upon the hallucinegens(sp?)

Here is your answer

it all makes sense now. Kelly is an injury waiting to happen anyways . . . he wasn't going to make the team.

After reading the article . . . I think its kind of crazy that 1 X pill, and a quarter bag of weed gives you 2 felonies . . . shouldn't those be misdameanor charges. Lying about his identity . . . which could be considered fraud . . .got him the misdemeanor. We live in a crazy society.

The penalties for sale or possession of hashish are more severe. Possession of any amount, no matter how small, is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in county jail and/or up to a $1,000 fine. Possession of one quarter ounce or more is a felony. Sale of any amount of hashish, no matter how small, is a felony.

http://www.crisny.org/government/ny/marijuana.html

There is no way a quarter is a felony, giving false info to an officer isn't fraud I think there's a specific charge which is a felony called providing an officer with false info, and the other one's gotta be the X, they don't take too kindly upon the hallucinegens(sp?)

My above post

Hard to believe that these players risk everything like they do. I think Campbell had a pretty good shot of making the team. I remember that Daunte said some good things about him last year. Cam even said a few good things about his chances with the team. He was a pretty good player at Georgia Tech I hear. First Fred Evans and now Kelly Campbell. Jeez. Even though the commish has been cracking down, it looks like we didn't do too well in the offseason as far as our guys getting in trouble. :tantrum:

I recall reading this story about Kelly Campbell about 2 weeks before he got arrested:

"I'm back now and I will be here this year," he said. "I will be here this season. Guaranteed."

"I had a good rehab program, got with a good physician and did the things I was supposed to do as far as getting the strength back in my muscles and in my quads, so I can be here. I'm eating the right things, putting the right things in my body to prevent the same thing from happening."

"I feel I'm a great player," he said. "I believe they think so, too. That's the reason I'm back here now. I want to be here this season, so I'm going to do what I need to do to make sure I am.

". . . I believe I can bring a lot to this team -- speed, of course, going down field, (running) great routes, getting open, opening it up for other guys . . . I can bring a lot. I can bring enthusiasm, whatever you want. Whatever it's going to take to help this team win ballgames, I feel like I can do it."

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070612/SPORTS/706120331/1002/SPORTS

Hard to believe that these players risk everything like they do. I think Campbell had a pretty good shot of making the team. I remember that Daunte said some good things about him last year. Cam even said a few good things about his chances with the team. He was a pretty good player at Georgia Tech I hear. First Fred Evans and now Kelly Campbell. Jeez. Even though the commish has been cracking down, it looks like we didn't do too well in the offseason as far as our guys getting in trouble. :tantrum:

I recall reading this story about Kelly Campbell about 2 weeks before he got arrested:

"I'm back now and I will be here this year," he said. "I will be here this season. Guaranteed."

"I had a good rehab program, got with a good physician and did the things I was supposed to do as far as getting the strength back in my muscles and in my quads, so I can be here. I'm eating the right things, putting the right things in my body to prevent the same thing from happening."

"I feel I'm a great player," he said. "I believe they think so, too. That's the reason I'm back here now. I want to be here this season, so I'm going to do what I need to do to make sure I am.

". . . I believe I can bring a lot to this team -- speed, of course, going down field, (running) great routes, getting open, opening it up for other guys . . . I can bring a lot. I can bring enthusiasm, whatever you want. Whatever it's going to take to help this team win ballgames, I feel like I can do it."

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070612/SPORTS/706120331/1002/SPORTS

must've been the weed talking :sidelol:

Who said anything about methamphetamine? He was talking about one pill of ecstasy and a little weed.

MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine), most commonly known today by the street name ecstasy.

So I suppose that was the one and only pill of ecstasy he ever took.

Back
Top Bottom