Merged: Possible reason for Dolphins waiving Campbell | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Possible reason for Dolphins waiving Campbell

I guess you deserve a congratulatory pat on the back. Nice call...

Its a shame but Campbell is just a waste case. Here he had one last shot and he cant stay away from the pot. But like I said I heard he was a real big smoker...he was never going to quit....I'd imagine you'd find a whizzinator or two at his pad. :infins:

Mystety solved: WR Campbell arrested on drug charges

It never made sense until now why Kelly Campbell was released so early. What an idiot:

Campbell drug charges put Dolphins atop the NFL in arrests

By Alex Marvez | South Florida Sun-Sentinel July 24, 2007
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel has learned that wide receiver Kelly Campbell was arrested on drug charges in Atlanta on July 3, which led to his release by the Dolphins two days later.

Campbell was charged with possession of marijuana and Ecstasy, both of which are felonies, and a misdemeanor charge of providing false information to Fulton (Ga.) County police officers.

A Fulton County police report states Campbell and Rodney Miller, a passenger in Campbell's SUV, were parked in "a known drug area" of Atlanta on the afternoon of July 3. The report states a "strong odor of marijuana" was detected when officers approached.

Police then reportedly confiscated what was valued as $30 in marijuana and one pill of Ecstasy, a stimulant and hallucinogen composed partially of methamphetamine. Police say Campbell lied about his identity before being confronted by an officer who had found his vehicle registration.

Miller was charged with marijuana possession.

Campbell, 27, also was arrested in February 2005 in Fulton County and charged with marijuana possession and theft by receiving stolen property involving a handgun. Campbell reached a plea deal to avoid a trial, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolarrest24nbjul24,0,2510309.story

it all makes sense now. Kelly is an injury waiting to happen anyways . . . he wasn't going to make the team.

After reading the article . . . I think its kind of crazy that 1 X pill, and a quarter bag of weed gives you 2 felonies . . . shouldn't those be misdameanor charges. Lying about his identity . . . which could be considered fraud . . .got him the misdemeanor. We live in a crazy society.

Cambell drug charges put the dolphins atop the NFL in arrests

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-flspdolarrest24nbjul24,0,6821819.story The Dolphins officially lead the NFL in offseason player arrests.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel has learned that wide receiver Kelly Campbell was arrested on drug charges in Atlanta on July 3, which led to his release by the Dolphins two days later.

Campbell was charged with possession of marijuana and Ecstasy, both of which are felonies, and a misdemeanor charge of providing false information to Fulton (Ga.) County police officers.

The Dolphins declined comment on the Campbell situation. Campbell's agent, Jack Reale, didn't return a telephone call seeking comment

we cant have the most arrest if we released him before it became public.

It's the media. Come on. They'll say anything to make it sound worse than it's supposed to be.

Technically though the arrest did happen while he was a Dolphin....we just didn't know about it (like you said).

I have to say, I feel a bit cheery inside knowing I was right. I never said anything all along here because I didn't want to get flamed, but it made me laugh every time I saw crowds of people bring this losers name up in regards to our WR situation.

Kelly Campbell was a problem/loser at Georgia Tech, he was an injury prone problem/loser in Minny, and clearly he still hasn't changed. I'll never forget the clip on NFL Network of him in his rookie year jumping up and down on the Minny sidelines talking to the O-line and Culpepper/Moss, acting all "hard".....and all of them are just looking at him and you can tell what is running through their heads: "Sit down idiot and shut up, your a rookie....and not really doing much"

PFT is bashing us this morning because we released backups Evans and Campbell, but haven't done anything with starters Porter and Chambers.

PFT is bashing us this morning because we released backups Evans and Campbell, but haven't done anything with starters Porter and Chambers.
what a bunch of retards. In addition to what they actually have accomplished in their careers related to Campbell and Evans. Chambers was a first time offender and was proven to not even be intoxicated. And Porter punched someone. Not exactly a lifetime without parole sentence. :rolleyes:

it all makes sense now. Kelly is an injury waiting to happen anyways . . . he wasn't going to make the team.

After reading the article . . . I think its kind of crazy that 1 X pill, and a quarter bag of weed gives you 2 felonies . . . shouldn't those be misdameanor charges. Lying about his identity . . . which could be considered fraud . . .got him the misdemeanor. We live in a crazy society.

apparently you have no idea how dangerous metamphetamine can be. We do live in a crazy society when people are as flippant as you are about drug use.

apparently you have no idea how dangerous metamphetamine can be. We do live in a crazy society when people are as flippant as you are about drug use.

I know how dangerous X can be, that is why i have never tried the stuff. But I go out almost every Friday and Saturday night between Las Olas and South Beach, and the amount of X being used is very high. Weed is weed, nobody is going to stop anybody from smooking weed . . . hell I don't even call that drug use anymore . . . its so normal. 1 X pill is nothing, you are making it seem as if he is a habitual drug abuser by having one X pill on him. IMO that isn't anything to be concerned with, now if he had a bag of X pills, that is another thing . . . I still don't agree with being charged a felony for having 1 X pill on him . . . hell I'm pretty sure he would have ditched it as well if he knew that . . . oh well, I don't think I am being "flippant" about drug use, I think I'm being "realistic" about it. Its unfortunate that we live in a society where some people dont realize that X pills and weed is used by millions of people every day/night . . . and if you are caught with them that just means u weren't smarter than another person who didn't get caught. That's life. I'm not saying its right, but its the truth.

With that being said, I still think any sports athlete that gets caught with these type of drugs are stupid. I smh everytime I hear about these type of stories. They don't have friends from college that can't get it for them or something? They have the nerve to travel with the stuff, not smart at all.

Who said anything about methamphetamine? He was talking about one pill of ecstasy and a little weed.

I know how dangerous X can be, that is why i have never tried the stuff. But I go out almost every Friday and Saturday night between Las Olas and South Beach, and the amount of X being used is very high. Weed is weed, nobody is going to stop anybody from smooking weed . . . hell I don't even call that drug use anymore . . . its so normal. 1 X pill is nothing, you are making it seem as if he is a habitual drug abuser by having one X pill on him. IMO that isn't anything to be concerned with, now if he had a bag of X pills, that is another thing . . . I still don't agree with being charged a felony for having 1 X pill on him . . .

With that being said, I still think any sports athlete that gets caught with these type of drugs are stupid. I smh everytime I hear about these type of stories. They don't have friends from college that can't get it for them or something? They have the nerve to travel with the stuff, not smart at all.

Its the law...There is nothing anyone can do about it except vote

The players who do this deserve nothing less than to get caught and if they are habitual, to be released...I love how the league and teams are cleaning up the game. If Tagliabue was still in all they would get a slap on the wrist

Back
Top Bottom