Merged: Question about Dave Wanny's comments today on WQAM... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Question about Dave Wanny's comments today on WQAM...

Ok guys, lets not get to high on who we might get. You could be setting yourselfs up for another heart brake. I'm so tired of hearing about the fact that we might get this player or we're looking at that other one and then we don't get them. I want us to get another lineman as much as anyone here but I'm not gonna believe anything till I see that it is official.

Ozzy rules!!

we just want to know who the next mystery lineman is going to be that will turn us down

Obviously we wouldn't make a long-term commitment to the guy (Steussie). He's entering the latter part of his career. But that doesn't mean he can't still be a very good player (which he is). And it wouldn't hurt to have a veteran tackle on the roster to mentor Wade Smith.

I agree on Collins though. James and Collins could be quite a tandem assuming Collins can stay on the field. But that's what you have Taylor Whitley for.

I listened to wqam today and Wanny said it was a tackle that was gonna get cut. From what i am hearing through some sources from my broadcasting school its either Kenyatta Walker, Or Ryan Diem. Diem will not sign a one year tender and he wants out of Indy. But have to wait to see. But, i personally think its gonna be Walker he is talking about.

Originally posted by finzfan4life
I listened to wqam today and Wanny said it was a tackle that was gonna get cut. From what i am hearing through some sources from my broadcasting school its either Kenyatta Walker, Or Ryan Diem. Diem will not sign a one year tender and he wants out of Indy. But have to wait to see. But, i personally think its gonna be Walker he is talking about.

Diem won't get cut. He can find another team that will give him a long term deal if Indy refuses to and then they can work out a trade with Indy.

Diem and Indy are in a tough spot. i would never give up Ogun to them and i dont think we would have anything left to give for him now.

Walter Jones on the block?

On hank' s show yesterday, wanny said that there was a team that would be either trading or releasing a Pro Bowl OT this week.

Who could it be? I'm thinking Jones.

Seahawks need a DE, dont they?

I would trade Wally for jones straight up. Would the Hawks?

I'm thinking it's Steussie because they picked up Meadows & Gross is slated to move to LT.

Originally posted by Muck
Obviously we wouldn't make a long-term commitment to the guy (Steussie). He's entering the latter part of his career. But that doesn't mean he can't still be a very good player (which he is). And it wouldn't hurt to have a veteran tackle on the roster to mentor Wade Smith.

But wouldnt this be good anyway, given the fact that Rick said they wanted to give McIntosh a year to rehab so they figured they would sign someone for a one year tender? Just wondering.

Originally posted by MissMeth

But wouldnt this be good anyway, given the fact that Rick said they wanted to give McIntosh a year to rehab so they figured they would sign someone for a one year tender? Just wondering.

It makes perfect sense to me if Steussie is the guy that Wanny was referring too. We do need at least one veteran for the line, they're all young.

Steussie would fit the description. The Panthers want to move Jordan Gross to LT. I dont know if Steussie can play RT.

If we got him we could be planning on putting him in at LT and moving Wade Smith to RT. This is what I had hoped for since like, way back except the only name I could come up with as a veteran that could play LT for a year or two until Wade Smith was ready to assume the role, was Derrick Deese.

But I hope its Walter Jones. With Jones at LT and Smith at RT, nobody would ever touch our QBs, and there would be like no QB fumbles whatsoever.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Steussie would fit the description. The Panthers want to move Jordan Gross to LT. I dont know if Steussie can play RT.

If we got him we could be planning on putting him in at LT and moving Wade Smith to RT. This is what I had hoped for since like, way back except the only name I could come up with as a veteran that could play LT for a year or two until Wade Smith was ready to assume the role, was Derrick Deese.

But I hope its Walter Jones. With Jones at LT and Smith at RT, nobody would ever touch our QBs, and there would be like no QB fumbles whatsoever.

CK, the Panthers signed Adam Meadows to play RT. I also think moving Wade Smith to RT would be foolish because his future is at LT. Steussie could be someone that could teach Wade how to play the position, something he didn't have last year.

At RT Wade Smith would have more time to get stronger and get used to an NFL passrush. The pressure would be off him. I don't agree with your logic. Many guys who are considered possible future LTs (even pro bowl caliber ones) are often tossed into RT early in their careers to get them adjusted to the NFL. In fact, the guy I've already mentioned Jordan Gross fits that description. Luke Petitgout same thing. Just because a guy's future is at playing LT there's no reason to deprive him of experience at RT, and no reason to deprive our OL of a darn good pass protecting tackle.

Back
Top Bottom