Merged: Ravens draft RB in round 1? / Lewis Busted | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ravens draft RB in round 1? / Lewis Busted

That really hurts the Ravens. They were looking to be really good this year... but I don't know how they are going to be without the big man in the backfield.

Originally posted by Gonk
That really hurts the Ravens. They were looking to be really good this year... but I don't know how they are going to be without the big man in the backfield.

how is he going to be missed? he is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

No QB? We haven't seen enough from Boller, who was a rookie at that.. to establish that. He has a monster arm and a load of potential.

fair enough.. tell that to everyone who says TO won't come here cause of Feeley then. Saying we've seen enough of Feeley and not of Boller isn't fair. I find it hard to believe that a monster arm and load of potential is what TO is looking for. I tend to believe he wants someone that he knows can get him the ball consistantly. Just a thought, who knows for sure.

Originally posted by fins4o8

how is he going to be missed? he is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Jamal Lewis was already suspended in 2001 (I believe) by the NFL for drugs. Keep in mind, to be suspended you already had to have been caught once before. So when he was suspended then, it was his second offense. This is now his THIRD offense. The NFL will probably suspend him this year again or issue more serious punishment... and chances are he could go to jail, but I do not know the details of the case.

You guys are acting like Jamal Lewis was already found guilty and will be in jail this season. He was just indicted. For him to be found guilty, they have to have a trial, and if they even do eventually have a trial, it won't be for a long time. Anyway, he is innocent until proven guilty.

This needs to be merged with the post I made hours ago on this in the General NFL news forum.

Originally posted by Gonk

Jamal Lewis was already suspended in 2001 (I believe) by the NFL for drugs. Keep in mind, to be suspended you already had to have been caught once before. So when he was suspended then, it was his second offense. This is now his THIRD offense. The NFL will probably suspend him this year again or issue more serious punishment... and chances are he could go to jail, but I do not know the details of the case.

what has he been caught of this time? idictment doesnt mean he has ben caught of anything & he hasnt even been found guilty. like i said before he is innocent until proven guilty.

They say it was from 2000 summer i wonder if it was the same reason he was suspended before. I just moved to the Baltimore area i was looking forward to going to watch him play damn it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112539,00.html

ATLANTA  Baltimore Ravens (search) running back Jamal Lewis (search), who had the second-highest rushing total in NFL history last season, was indicted Wednesday on federal drug charges.

The Atlanta native is accused of trying to help a childhood friend buy cocaine in the summer of 2000. No drugs were ever purchased, according to the indictment.

The running back's attorney, Ed Garland, said his client was innocent and would surrender Thursday.

"Mr. Lewis wants everybody to know that he did nothing wrong," Garland said. "He was not part of any drug deal and any contention that he was is false."

The indictment came out of a drug investigation that has led to 30 convictions and helped dismantle a cocaine-trafficking ring in Atlanta, Duffey said. He refused to say whether Lewis was tied to that drug ring.

Lewis had one of the best seasons in NFL (search) history last year, finishing with 2,066 rushing yards and nearly eclipsing the single-season record held by Eric Dickerson. He also broke the single-game rushing record in 2003 and became one of only five running backs in NFL history to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season.

Lewis was the fifth overall pick in the 2000 draft. The University of Tennessee star signed a six-year, $35.3 million contract with the Ravens that July -- during the same period addressed in the indictment.

In an affidavit, FBI special agent Hoyt Mahaley said that an informant contacted Lewis on his cell phone on June 23, 2000, to discuss selling cocaine to Lewis' friend. He said the conversation was recorded.

Mahaley said the informant "told Lewis that he/she was willing to sell the narcotics to Lewis' associates for a price that Lewis can tax," meaning the price could be marked up for a profit.

"And Lewis responded 'Yeah,'" the agent said.

Hours after the phone call, Lewis and an associate, Angelo Jackson, met with the informant at an Atlanta restaurant, the affidavit said. There, Lewis and Jackson asked the informant about his drug operation and how much cocaine the informant was capable of distributing, the affidavit alleges.

Lewis was no longer involved after the initial meeting at the restaurant, Mahalay said.

Lewis is charged with conspiring to possess with the intent to distribute 5 kilograms of cocaine and using a cell phone in the commission of the alleged crime, Duffey said.

Jackson, who was also named in the indictment, was arrested Wednesday and made his initial court appearance.

In a statement, the Ravens said: "Jamal will have his day in court. There are two sides to every story. From what we know of the charges, these seem out of character for the Jamal we know."

In November 2001, Lewis was suspended for four games after violating the NFL's substance and alcohol abuse policy. The league did not disclose the details of the violation, in keeping with its policy.

The Ratbirds could give division rival Cincy a call about Dillon for their 2nd rounder.

At the most Dillon is worth a 5th or a 6th. He's like 29 years old(which is old for a running back).
They drafted Musa Smith last year in the 3rd, they'll start him if Lewis isn't available

"This informant is attempting to set up Jamal Lewis to get out of jail," Garland said. "It is odd that this is coming right after he had a very successful season. Sometimes celebrities get targeted because they are in the news."

This statement is bull$hit. Jamal Lewis is a criminal and that's the way it is. he didn't get "targeted" because of his great season. He wasn't targeted at all, he's just a plain piece of $hit human being.

Back
Top Bottom