Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

s3an8 said:
and why risk gettin hurt and screwin your career mide as welll take the money while u can...

I think most of the guys take out an insurance policy.

troysif said:
um he is still gonns make millions, which im sure is more than make, so it probably was a good decision to go back and graduate with an education, other than not have a diploma, either way he would still make millions

Matt needed 2 credits to graduate. He could have easily taken those in the summer even with all the football activities he would have been expected to participate in. Matt coming back was not about his education, and it was incredibly dumb because it likely cost him a year of earning potential in the NFL plus the differential between the top pick's contract last year and what he'll get in his rookie year this way.

Jimmy James said:
What do they really teach in that dance class at USC that is so attractive all the kids want to take it? ;)
LOL. Nothing that Reggie Bush couldn't get on his own.

Not sure I understand the report. Doesnt meeting with an agent forfeit his remaining eligibility anyway? He is interviewing agents not to decide on whether to go pro, but to decide on which agent he is going with.

Doakle said:
Not sure I understand the report. Doesnt meeting with an agent forfeit his remaining eligibility anyway? He is interviewing agents not to decide on whether to go pro, but to decide on which agent he is going with.

I thought he could meet with agents but not actually sign with one if he wants to maintian his eligibility.

Yep I wasnt sure on the agent rules, I think they can talk at least.

By the way, the full quote from LA Times article is,

Bush said the meeting with Dunn would be his last with agents, but he emphasized that he had not chosen who would represent him if he turns pro.

"I'm far from making my decision," he said.

Dunn, who was accompanied by several associates, declined to comment.

Makes it sound like he is picking an agent, not deciding on whether to go pro.

I say he goes back to USC. The kid still got alot of maturing to do. He has an amazing talent, but I think with one more year in college, he can raise his talent to a whole new level.

He should stay in USC, don't come to the NFL yet. Besides, Houston, New Orleans, and Tennesee are horrible teams to land on.

Houston Texans - No class team that would purposely throw games just to get the number 1 pick in the draft. Someone give Houston the "Herm Edwards' You play the game to win" speech.

New Orleans Saints - This organization has no home team. The NFL is unsure what to do with them. They are in a really bad position, I would hate to end up here.

Tennesee Titans - Youngest team in the NFL. Lacks veteran leadership. About the same position as the Detroit Lions.

Vertical Limit said:
Tennesee Titans - Youngest team in the NFL. Lacks veteran leadership. About the same position as the Detroit Lions.

You might say that about them, but I'm guessing that being the youngest team in the NFL just means that you'll be marveling at how well they do in a couple of years when that talent matures.

FinAtic8480 said:
NCAA | Bush far from a decision on the draft
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:50:17 -0800

NBC Sports.com reports Southern California RB Reggie Bush told the Los Angeles Times that he is "far" from making his decision on whether to return for his senior year at Southern California or enter the 2006 NFL Draft. Bush met with USC head coach Pete Carroll and agent David Dunn for about one hour on campus Monday, Jan. 9, the Times said. "I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

This could affect every team Including us and what would the Texans do who were so dedicated to Drafting Bush,How about what it would do to us at 16....

It'll dismantle the draft even more when Bush announces his eligibility for the NBA draft...

dominizzo said:
What a calls act clwon he calls Houston and then he e gonna decide what to doo?? Woow anyone hear of ricky Williams????

I feel trampoline while orbiting Derrick's mother's waistline.

Vertical Limit said:
I say he goes back to USC. The kid still got alot of maturing to do. He has an amazing talent, but I think with one more year in college, he can raise his talent to a whole new level.

He should stay in USC, don't come to the NFL yet. Besides, Houston, New Orleans, and Tennesee are horrible teams to land on.

Houston Texans - No class team that would purposely throw games just to get the number 1 pick in the draft. Someone give Houston the "Herm Edwards' You play the game to win" speech.

New Orleans Saints - This organization has no home team. The NFL is unsure what to do with them. They are in a really bad position, I would hate to end up here.

I don't think they purposely lost, they were just an awful team. I don't think New Orleans would take him, because they still have Deuce. The Titans have two good backs, but neither scares anybody, much like Davis, IMO. How much better can he get? Leinart had a better year this year than last, and now everybody overanalyzes him, Bush should comeout if he wants too, but if he doesn't nobody is gonna hold it against him, like they did for Leinart.

Houston didn't purposefully lose. It wouldn't have made sense for them to have won in Week 15 to put San Fran back in contention.

enough conspiracy theories!

Oh cause the Pacman Williams return and most ****** field goal doesn't seem suspicious?

Not to mention the fact that after the 49ers game, one of Houston's offensive linemen said "I know the fans wanted Reggie Bush, but damn. This sucks." Yeah, give the fans what they want. Lose.

.... That why I say NO to David Carr.

Matt Leinart was smart to stay at USC... Who the **** wants to end up in San Fran? I'd rather go to New Orleans and have Duece McAllister and Joe Horn. Not to mention the biggest issue is QB, which he can fix in two years.

Reggie Bush on the other hand has a similar issue... If he goes into the draft, he's going to the Texans... They have a good RB in Davis, but the O-line sucks and he's getting blown up right away (ala Ricky in 03).

If he stays, he'll be the #1 pick next year. If he leaves he could bust with a team who has no offensive line. Either way, the bonuses will be huge.

real deal with reggie

you guys are missing it - i mentioned this here on this site a couple of days ago. he's second guessing coming out because young came out. if it were guaranteed that the texans were taking bush, he would've declared already (he has already said he'd have no problem playing for the texans). but, now that young has declared and a lot of locals in houston are pushing for the texans to pick young, bush sees he'd end up in new orleans, and he doesn't want to go there. it has nothing to do with coming back to win again, or coming back to repeat as heisman winner. he doesn't want to play in new orleans and doesn't want to pull an elway-manning and boycott. the fact that he may have to play for a horrible team has nothing to do with it - he's a top three pick this year or next year, he's stuck with a horrible team no matter which year he's drafted. it's the saints he's trying to avoid - big drop in off the field money, lifestyle, stability. plus, he wouldn't have to play for benson, who's an idiot. and he could avoid looking like a complete jerk by stiffing the city of new orleans when he says he won't play there. looks like he'll leave that to leinhart...

Back
Top Bottom