Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

cowtowndick said:
you guys are missing it - i mentioned this here on this site a couple of days ago. he's second guessing coming out because young came out. if it were guaranteed that the texans were taking bush, he would've declared already (he has already said he'd have no problem playing for the texans). but, now that young has declared and a lot of locals in houston are pushing for the texans to pick young, bush sees he'd end up in new orleans, and he doesn't want to go there. it has nothing to do with coming back to win again, or coming back to repeat as heisman winner. he doesn't want to play in new orleans and doesn't want to pull an elway-manning and boycott. the fact that he may have to play for a horrible team has nothing to do with it - he's a top three pick this year or next year, he's stuck with a horrible team no matter which year he's drafted. it's the saints he's trying to avoid - big drop in off the field money, lifestyle, stability. plus, he wouldn't have to play for benson, who's an idiot. and he could avoid looking like a complete jerk by stiffing the city of new orleans when he says he won't play there. looks like he'll leave that to leinhart...

furthermore...who knows. if he goes back for his senior year, there's still a chance to get drafted by the saints in '07 (who could easily be the worst team in the nfl next year). BUT - they will have had a year to either straighten out their situation in new orleans or move (to san antonio, or maybe even....LOS ANGELES). PLUS, he would be joining a team with matt leinhart at qb, just like old times...how's that for a conspiracy theory....you heard it here first: if bush goes back to usc, tagliube and the powers that be push very hard for the move of the saints to los angeles...something they have already started working on. leinhart and bush, on the same team in L.A. - imagine the marketing possibilities....

he doesnt wanna go to houston...simple as that....if he turns pro he will pullan eli/elway

troysif said:
um he is still gonns make millions, which im sure is more than make, so it probably was a good decision to go back and graduate with an education, other than not have a diploma, either way he would still make millions

he went back for ballroom dancing.....No the only reason he didnt want to come out is he didnt like how the top three picks in the Nfl was shaping up and he wanted to party his *** off one more year before he would have to get down for serious work...he was qouted as saying he didnt want to play for the Dolphins already last year. thats why i dont like him and yes it is costing him about 6 or 7 million in contract and bonus money, i would say that is pretty deficient...hindsight is 20/20 but if you see what SF paid Alex Smith...

no excuses Lienhart was stupid for not coming out...he is a kid with a terrible attitude and i hope he gets rocked in the NFL and gets his attitude together before he does any kind of winning

cowtowndick said:
furthermore...who knows. if he goes back for his senior year, there's still a chance to get drafted by the saints in '07 (who could easily be the worst team in the nfl next year). BUT - they will have had a year to either straighten out their situation in new orleans or move (to san antonio, or maybe even....LOS ANGELES). PLUS, he would be joining a team with matt leinhart at qb, just like old times...how's that for a conspiracy theory....you heard it here first: if bush goes back to usc, tagliube and the powers that be push very hard for the move of the saints to los angeles...something they have already started working on. leinhart and bush, on the same team in L.A. - imagine the marketing possibilities....

yes but a team will have to be that bad to have the first pick in the draft...who do you know since the draft started had consecutive number 1 pics..

Hostile7 said:
Matt Leinart was smart to stay at USC... Who the **** wants to end up in San Fran? I'd rather go to New Orleans and have Duece McAllister and Joe Horn. Not to mention the biggest issue is QB, which he can fix in two years.

Reggie Bush on the other hand has a similar issue... If he goes into the draft, he's going to the Texans... They have a good RB in Davis, but the O-line sucks and he's getting blown up right away (ala Ricky in 03).

If he stays, he'll be the #1 pick next year. If he leaves he could bust with a team who has no offensive line. Either way, the bonuses will be huge.

first of all he had no idea who he was going to this year but he had a ****y *** idea to think he would be going number one again...serves him right....even fi Bush doesnt come out....you could bet your bottom dollar that Young will be first and he go second

s3an8 said:
he should just go.....he doesnt wanna pull a matt lienhart and lower his stock.....Or does he????who knows...

i think he wants to stay because he wants to go out on top but he must realise that USC's day in the sun is over

PhinSoldia said:
yes but a team will have to be that bad to have the first pick in the draft...who do you know since the draft started had consecutive number 1 pics..

cincinnatti - 1994 and 1995. also, san diego has come pretty close - 2001 (traded it to atlanta) and 2004. cleveland did as well, but that was part of their expansion package, i believe.

cowtowndick said:
cincinnatti - 1994 and 1995. also, san diego has come pretty close - 2001 (traded it to atlanta) and 2004.

also, in reviewing the drafts back to 1982, there were a number of years where teams (cincinnati, indianapolis, a couple more) that had consecutive years where they were in the top three or four, and as we saw this year, there's not much seperating teams in the draft, so it's not inconceivable. if i remember correctly, on this site a year ago there were more than a few threads that were picking the top five teams in the '06 draft, and some guys were pretty accurate. who will finish as the five worst teams in the league next year? the saints have to be on that list.

Reggie Bush Not To Declare

They are getting ready to talk about how he might stay at USC on Mike and Mike in the Morning.

MiamiFan1354 said:
Just heard on Mike and Mike that Reggie Bush is not going to enter the draft and wants to go back to USC for his final year. Don't know the details, but when they come out, I'll post up..
That would be a surprise! But Leinart went back when he had no reason too, so it's not out of the question. Still, I'd be shocked.

Not the Ricky for Carr trade will be more likely as they will either draft Young or Matt Leinart. Unless they decide to trade the pick, but if they keep it, Carr is most likely gone.

If they were committed to Bush, and he doesn't declair, then they may be willing to trade down..

Ok, Nevermind.. It's Michael Bush.. I don't even know who that is, but they completely misled us..

Back
Top Bottom