Merged: Rivers, Losman Etc./Rivers (site) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rivers, Losman Etc./Rivers (site)

ok, i really hate to hear this "we shouldn't take a QB #1, we should take a WR and OL"

Do the people who post these things realize that we haven't taken a QB above the 6th round since Marino? We SHOULD have taken one 2 years before he retired, but instead we sat on our hands...and here we are.

Tell me, why after we've neglected to use a decent draft pick on the position for the last TWENTY YEARS would you even consider supporting passing it up?

We have a legititmate shot this year at a franchise QB. Manning, Roth, or Rivers all show potential. Lossman to a less extent, but he could be good down the road as well.

Use the #1 pick on an OL or WR? Consider this. In 2 years our defense will fall apart. It will cost too much, and players will get too old. At which point we're going to be forced to build our team around our young offense (chambers, ricky, McMichael). And we do NOT have a QB. Between now and then unless there is a block buster trade, we will NOT have a QB for them. We NEED to draft one now, so we can groom them to be ready when the time comes. Yeah we need an OL and WR now. We have a young O-line, and both of those can be adressed in the FA and later rounds. We'll be hard sought to find a franchsie QB in the FA with this years picks. oh and by all means bring in brunelle. But draft a rookie as well. he's good for another 2-3 years, then we'll be caught with our pants down.............again.

He does have a strange release but look at Farve he dips and has a real funky release but it's a natural movement for him and Rivers Everyone throws a football different its just like a golf swing hell if someone could throw it underhand and be an all pro i would take him

Originally posted by Dolfan954

I thought the same thing. Look more closely. The INT stats are there. :)
his 2003 stats are unreal 34 TDs / 7 INTs PR 170.5 :hail:

Originally posted by Graythreat

I would have said Rivers hands down. I think it's Eli, Roth, and Rivers in that order. Rivers has HUGE potential, but his side arm throw puts him a little below Roth.

I am less concerned with his delivery. He will not start tomorrow and IF it becomes a problem, we can work it out then. Danny and Brett both survived ok with unorthidox styles :lol: . What I love is the speed of his release and the numbers he puts up. Both positive in TDs and how careful he is with the ball 7 ints.

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
I really think He is they guy we need to look at and take. When is the Senior Bowl? I would like to watch him play in one of the college all-star games. Rivers is the real deal, and he seems like a more proven Quantity than Losman.

I think you mean "proven comodity" but either way...yes he is.

I think Ricky is 26-27. With the # of carries he gets he wont last too many more years. Therefore the young O is CC McMike and the QB and WR we get.

Perhaps we should draft a RB high too.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom