Merged: Rivers, Losman Etc./Rivers (site) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rivers, Losman Etc./Rivers (site)

Its a good idea however Marino will not do it. He still loves the Dolphins but it is asking a LOT of him to be a QB coach because its a lot of work for very little pay and right now he's got a cushy little network tv gig where he gets to be just a talking head.

He's already said in the past that being a QB coach is too much work for too little pay compared to what he can do with television on Inside the NFL with HBO and also with like CBS.

What he COULD do though is like what Steve Young did with Mike Vick and that is to work with him during the offseason in private workouts trying to help the kid be a better quarterback. I think Dan Marino would be up for doing that if Miami grabbed a real high profile young draft QB that needs work to become a good franchise QB. It wouldn't be worth it if it was only like a second round pick QB or somethin. But if the guy was billed as like the franchise, then yeah I think Marino would be down for helping so long as the kid was down for listening.

I like Josh Harris. I watched him make plays over and over against bigger faster defenses, with an O-line that couldn't generate a rush against them.

Originally posted by Spikes
I like Josh Harris. I watched him make plays over and over against bigger faster defenses, with an O-line that couldn't generate a rush against them.

I like him too. Good speed rocket arm. However the most important aspect of a QB is his head and I am not sold he knows how to read Ds and make the correct decision. He would be a long term project at best.

Philip Rivers.......

Guys I was messing around during my lunch break, and I found a web site you should all check out:

www.philiprivers.com

(I would link it to the thread but i don't know how to do that.)

Anyway, i was looking and this guy has some amazing stats. he started EVERY Game for 4 years at NC St. And His #'s get better every year. Also, He must be durable, as he never missed a game in 4 years!!! His senior season was unreal in terms of production. He had 4 400+ yrd games!!! The only thing to Question is his mechanics as he slings the ball side arm. If you click on the animation, you can see him throw the ball and you will see what i mean. Anyway, Just thought you all might want to check it out.

Thanks for the link. I have been mired in questions about Losman and Rivers. Who is better. Who should we pick. etc. That helped alot. He does have an odd style but the realse is FAST. He is durable and seems smart. I am believing more and more he may be in the Marino, Farve mold.:eek: :D

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Thanks for the link. I have been mired in questions about Losman and Rivers. Who is better. Who should we pick. etc. That helped alot. He does have an odd style but the realse is FAST. He is durable and seems smart. I am believing more and more he may be in the Marino, Farve mold.:eek: :D

realse=release:yell:

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I would have said Rivers hands down. I think it's Eli, Roth, and Rivers in that order. Rivers has HUGE potential, but his side arm throw puts him a little below Roth.

I really think He is they guy we need to look at and take. When is the Senior Bowl? I would like to watch him play in one of the college all-star games. Rivers is the real deal, and he seems like a more proven Quantity than Losman.

Back
Top Bottom