Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32

Because Barlow is one of the only good young playes on their team. What's the point, I think your just assuming too much about S.F.

Actually Barlow sort of lost his starting job in San Fran and has come under fire a lot this year. He criticized the people blocking for him and now they don't want to block for him, and at one point the 49ers definitely started Maurice Hicks because they were unhappy with Kevan Barlow. Barlow does not have a future with that team, IMO.

Boomer said:
If they get an earlier 2 then you have to think Antajj Hawthorne. That's a lot to early for Swancutt. Don't believe all this BS about the #2 and Surtain for the 29 and James. Ain't happening.
Never did believe it, I was never on the James bandwagon anyway. I think the best place for us to get a back is in the draft. And Ronnie stepped up to the plate today. I was just curious who you thought we would take if we got a second round pick for Surtain.

Ronnie brown = TD ( terrel davis )

I don't think those profiles match at all. Terrell Davis was a great cutback runner, and Ronnie Brown is not a great cutback runner. Terrell Davis also never even dreamed of himself running a 4.32 in the 40 yard dash...he was more like a 4.5 speed guy. And I don't think Terrell Davis could ever claim that he has the feel for the passing game that Ronnie Brown currently has.

I guess the Deuce McAllister comparison may be the best for now, except I think Brown may be a little better in the passing game than Deuce, and runs more powerfully than Deuce, blocks better than Deuce, and Deuce never ran a 4.32

ckparrothead said:
I don't think those profiles match at all. Terrell Davis was a great cutback runner, and Ronnie Brown is not a great cutback runner. Terrell Davis also never even dreamed of himself running a 4.32 in the 40 yard dash...he was more like a 4.5 speed guy. And I don't think Terrell Davis could ever claim that he has the feel for the passing game that Ronnie Brown currently has.

I guess the Deuce McAllister comparison may be the best for now, except I think Brown may be a little better in the passing game than Deuce, and runs more powerfully than Deuce, blocks better than Deuce, and Deuce never ran a 4.32
How about, Ronnie Brown is Ronnie Brown? No two backs are the same and Brown will succeed or fail on his own merrits, not because he is similar to anyone else.

ckparrothead said:
Actually Barlow sort of lost his starting job in San Fran and has come under fire a lot this year. He criticized the people blocking for him and now they don't want to block for him, and at one point the 49ers definitely started Maurice Hicks because they were unhappy with Kevan Barlow. Barlow does not have a future with that team, IMO.
I agree with you:yes:

Kevin Barlow may have lost his job, but considering that they have Hicks and Barlow, I'd expect a QB to be the logical choice for them. That team has no lack of talent but having a QB like Alex Smith would be ideal for them in a couple of years.

Wow, i just got home and this is the best news I have heard in a while. Whether or not we take him he makes the draft stronger with his performance. I think we should take him, Linnehans offense needs a fast, pass catching, back.

The official Ronnie Brown time seems to be 4.48 according to Boomer's other thread. It was stated by 2 independant sources. That is much more realistic than 4.32

outtawack311 said:
The official Ronnie Brown time seems to be 4.48 according to Boomer's other thread. It was stated by 2 independant sources. That is much more realistic than 4.32
yeah, and if that is the case, then Clarett was over 5 secs

who the F cares if the nfl gives him that time? he was far and away the fastest RB there

Dudeman said:
yeah, and if that is the case, then Clarett was over 5 secs

who the F cares if the nfl gives him that time? he was far and away the fastest RB there

Well if the NFL gave him a 4.48 then his time was 4.48 and the 4.32 was spurious. Seeing as though it's the NFL's combine and they are running it might be worth your while to give more than a f*ck. And with a 4.48, if that's what it is and IT'S NOT CONFIRMED, then he wasn't the fastest back.

Boomer said:
Well if the NFL gave him a 4.48 then his time was 4.48 and the 4.32 was spurious. Seeing as though it's the NFL's combine and they are running it might be worth your while to give more than a f*ck. And with a 4.48, if that's what it is and IT'S NOT CONFIRMED, then he wasn't the fastest back.
of course not, if those are the numbers given, but you didnt see the actual runs as you dont have the nfl network

he just looked faster than anyone there

One thing to consider is that Brown shared carries with Williams, whilst ( sorry Boomer, I know that's your word!!) Benson was the featured back for his entire career in college. Benson has many more miles on his odometer.

Dudeman said:
of course not, if those are the numbers given, but you didnt see the actual runs as you dont have the nfl network

he just looked faster than anyone there

Yes but whose been providing legit info from the floor for the past 3 days???

BSQX4 said:
One thing to consider is that Brown shared carries with Williams, whilst ( sorry Boomer, I know that's your word!!) Benson was the featured back for his entire career in college. Benson has many more miles on his odometer.

Whilst is a good word.

BTW - those numbers - Brown 4.48 are apparently official electronic numbers. The 4.32 was a handheld by NFL Network.

Back
Top Bottom