Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32

The Brown to Dillon is a decent comparison, Benson runs nothing like Dayne nor is similar in size, and Williams is nothing like Dunn.

A 4.32 on a supposed slow track....

I was already on the bandwagon, now im in it for good.

Let's not get carried away. There have been plenty of speed guys that have amounted to crap as running backs. There is more to look at then speed.

As impressive as his time was it is not the only factor that makes a back great, Emmit Smith was not a real fast back but look at his career, and I hate to bring him up but Ricky wasnt that fast either, that said I do like him, he did look really good out there and even if we don't take him it makes our pick more valuable.

Gunner4u65 said:
Hey Boomer,

That has to propel him into the top 5 eh? I think just that fact that he ran at the combine will raise his stock even further. I no longer have any doubts(not that I had many) that Brown is worthy of the #2 pick in the draft when compared to the other talent available in this years draft. Now if we can con a 1st out of someone for Surtain(not likely), we could pick up another solid player to fill another need. if we get a mid second rounder for Pat and we take Ronnie #2, who do you think would be a good pick up in round 2? My guess could be either a safety(Shazor?), a QB (Cambell?) or a second tier Dlineman(Swancutt?)

If they get an earlier 2 then you have to think Antajj Hawthorne. That's a lot to early for Swancutt. Don't believe all this BS about the #2 and Surtain for the 29 and James. Ain't happening.

cnyphinfan said:
Let's not get carried away. There have been plenty of speed guys that have amounted to crap as running backs. There is more to look at then speed.
I didnt even see your post but we are right on the same wavelength there.

General Tso said:
Brown is faster, a better receiver, a better blocker, has played better against top competition in big games, and has zero character concerns. He is the best RB in the draft.
not to mention the fresh tread on his tires:eek:

There are alot of people that would argue that Smith's O-line was such a dominant force that... :escape:

This is incredible.

We gotta go RB with the #2 pick. There are 3 elite guys here. We can't pass up a franchise rusher.

Anyone know if the combine stuff is going to get replayed on NFL network? I had to work this morning. :(

Hostile7 said:
Those comparisons are awful.

Brown= Brian Westbrook+ Marshall Fualk . May or may not be an everydown back, but is a great receiver and can run more complicated routes.

Benson= Edge + Ricky. Shifty in the open field and when finding holes, shows great balance and vision, with the extra gear to turn it up when going to the outside.

Williams= Curtis Martin + LT. Great vision, keeps his legs moving, balanced, and has surprising power for his size.
The Brown comparison is awful in terms of running styles, but decent in terms of receiving skills. Westbrook and Faulk are shiftier backs without a lot of power... Brown is more of a one cut and explode back who can break the big runs and pick up the short yardage plays. I think the Tomlinson/Dillon mix is a more accurate comparison (Dillon running style with Tomlinson receiving skills).

Man that time blew me away too!.....Dont have a definite favorite but C. Williams excites me. His vision is rediculous and cutting ability AND leg drive, combine that with his 217 weight....he'll be exciting with whoever he ends up with. All these backs should be crazy good! I hope we come out with 1 of them.

Hostile7 said:
Those comparisons are awful.

Brown= Brian Westbrook+ Marshall Fualk . May or may not be an everydown back, but is a great receiver and can run more complicated routes.

Benson= Edge + Ricky. Shifty in the open field and when finding holes, shows great balance and vision, with the extra gear to turn it up when going to the outside.

Williams= Curtis Martin + LT. Great vision, keeps his legs moving, balanced, and has surprising power for his size.

Brown not an everydown back?????????????????? At 6'0 and 233, with a 4.32 forty, great hands, power and few miles on the clock??????????

Maybe you want to go back and edit that original post coz that statement will get you ripped.

cnyphinfan said:
Your point is well taken...BUT..those other guys (Like John Avery) for example were speedsters who played RB..this is a different case with Brown..he's clearly a very capable RB who happens to have great speed..this was the only question mark on him..and he's come trhough

Back
Top Bottom