Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged Ronnie Brown just ran 4.32

fear-the-d said:
wasnt Cadillac also playing? or was that when he was injured
Cadillac was playing in those games. But the YPC range from were 3.3 to 3.9.

During Cadillac's injury time in 2002 (last 5 games of the reg. season) Brown's carries were as followed.

18, 33, 9, 25, 0 (injury). that sends a red light up, that he may not be an every down back. He may just be a bigger version of Brian Westbrook who had 177 carries for 800 yards and 4.6 average (as far as running goes, and RB should run more then catch).

Noodle Arm said:
Oh I definitely agree with you Gunner, I was just trying to show that there's a reason all 3 guys are considered the top 3 backs in the draft. Some people become fixated one one player and think the rest aren't up to par, I'm just trying to say that all three are talented and each bring something different to the table. It's up to Saban and Linehan to decide which one will fit this team best.
Yeah, I was just expounding on your statement about the three and narrowing it down to our needs, we are on the same wave length.:up:

Noodle Arm said:
Oh I definitely agree with you Gunner, I was just trying to show that there's a reason all 3 guys are considered the top 3 backs in the draft. Some people become fixated one one player and think the rest aren't up to par, I'm just trying to say that all three are talented and each bring something different to the table. It's up to Saban and Linehan to decide which one will fit this team best.
well, if Minnesota is any indication, Scott prefers a scatback that has great hands (Smith, Moore, and Bennett all have great speed)

Bennet is not a good receiver.

OurHeartAndSoul said:
They were saying that that the cone drill better evaluates a running back because it times quickness rather than straightline speed like the 40. With that said what was Ronnie Brown's time in that drill?

I'm not sure of his time in that drill, but I imagine of the three Caddy will have the best numbers and then Brown followed by Benson

General Tso said:
After looking at those stats I definetely like Benson better. He rushed for over 140 yards in EVERY game, except against Oklahoma. But then again, he rushed 92 yards against Oklahoma which is actually pretty good. Ronnie Brown rushed for under 100 yards, except for Mississipi State. Can you imagine if Miami gives Cedric the ball 30 times a game and he rushes for 140+ yards a game...he'll have 2000 yards a season!

Brown is to Dillon as Benson is to Dayne as Williams is to Dunn.

Jaj said:
The only discouraging thing to me about Ronnie is his age. He's already 23 years old and turning 24 late in his first NFL season. For a RB that's pretty late to start. I'm still on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon along with CK.
I'm for Aaron Rodgers as well. If he's gone or Saban decides not to go QB at #2 then I hope we draft Brown.

I think our options at #2 are a lot better than people have been saying. Everyone says this draft isn't solid at the top, but I think Rodgers, Brown and a few others will make this draft turn out a lot better than many are predicting.

And yeah, I'm still on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon...but my resolve is getting shakier by the minute on that one.

I like Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, and now, Ronnie Brown.

I also like Alex Barron, Dan Cody, Pac-Man Jones, and Antrel Rolle a bit later.

After that I like Mark Clayton (how could I resist the name? but aside from that all he does is make plays), Fred Gibson, Khalif Barnes, Matt Jones, Ciatrick Fason, Marcus Johnson, David Pollack, and Demarcus Ware.

ItalianDolFan said:
After looking at those stats I definetely like Benson better. He rushed for over 140 yards in EVERY game, except against Oklahoma. But then again, he rushed 92 yards against Oklahoma which is actually pretty good. Ronnie Brown rushed for under 100 yards, except for Mississipi State. Can you imagine if Miami gives Cedric the ball 30 times a game and he rushes for 140+ yards a game...he'll have 2000 yards a season!
1. Look at who Benson's stats came against.
2. Look at yards per carry and realize that Ronnie Brown had another star running back on his team that he had to split carries with.
3. Watch them play. I'm fine with those who've watched Brown, Benson and Williams and feel strongly about one of them.... but don't judge players simply based on stats and 40 yard times. IMO you have to watch the players play to form a solid opinion.

Those are terrible comparisons.

Ronnie Brown is to Deuce McAllister as Benson is to Eric Dickerson as Williams is to Curtis Martin.

RoninFin4 said:
Boomer - do you know why Cedric Benson is not working out? They just said it on the combine coverage.

He wants to do his talking at the UT facility.

Jaj said:
Ronnie Brown is to Deuce McAllister as Benson is to Eric Dickerson as Williams is to Curtis Martin.
These are terrible comparisons.

:confused:

TeeMoney said:
Brown is to Dillon as Benson is to Dayne as Williams is to Dunn.
Those comparisons are awful.

Brown= Brian Westbrook+ Marshall Fualk . May or may not be an everydown back, but is a great receiver and can run more complicated routes.

Benson= Edge + Ricky. Shifty in the open field and when finding holes, shows great balance and vision, with the extra gear to turn it up when going to the outside.

Williams= Curtis Martin + LT. Great vision, keeps his legs moving, balanced, and has surprising power for his size.

Back
Top Bottom