Merged: Rosenhaus: Fins/Ogun long way from contract/Ogun Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rosenhaus: Fins/Ogun long way from contract/Ogun Deal

buckeyenic007

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Adewale Ogunleye Deal

I feel that the Adewale Ogunleye situation is a tough one. He's without a doubt a great DE, one that we cannot afford to lose. With Ogunleye and Jason Taylor at DE, we have the best duo in the NFL, period. But, how big of an offer do you give to a "prospect" like Ogunleye. With only 25 total sacks, 15 of those coming from last season, in his NFL career, is it safe to offer a contract of 7-8 years like the one he demands? Don't get me wrong, I really like Ogunley, alot...but I wonder (and hope) if he can put up Pro Bowl numbers year after year,and make a long term contract worth the teams while. What do you all think???

he has to understand that we can not give him what he needs if he if the deal is gonna kill our cap situation.
he is good and all but i would have rather seen him traded.

Best Duo, I wouldnt say but one of the best definatly. He is a big assest to this team and is great for pass rushing. But his numbers are a big thanks to JT as well. I think something will get done this week.

If they are not the best DE duo in the league, then who do you think is? Just curious...and please don't say Philly....

I've said this before, but we can't afford to keep O-gun, at least not for the money he wants. The Hawks paid Wistrom how much? With a $14 million signing bonus? That and the money the Freak got sets the bar for DE money this year.

Does anyone think O-gun is worth less than what Wistrom got? Why should O-gun accept millions less just to stay with the Dolphins? I don't think he will and we can't afford to pay him even what Wistrom got.

Besides, we should be locking up Chambers long term THIS YEAR! If Boston plays well, it will allow Chambers to have a career (even Pro Bowl) year... then what kind of money do you think Chambers will want? :eek:

We could save millions by giving Chambers a deal right now. Sorry Wally...

buckeyenic007 said:
If they are not the best DE duo in the league, then who do you think is? Just curious...and please don't say Philly....

I would have to say Carolinas DE's are good competitors as well as Tampa Bay's

brech10 said:
Total Sacks:

(MIA) Ogunleye and Taylor: 28
(CAR) Peppers and Rucker: 19
(TAM) Spires and Rice: 18.5

I heard about how good Peppers and Rucker were all year. Shoot O-Gun and Taylor blew them out of the water. I did not realize that thanks for the stats. I wish it could be like that this year.

Rosenhaus: Fins/Ogun long way from contract

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphinsnot18may18,0,2390823.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said the proposal is a long way off from what Ogunleye is seeking, which is not uncommon early in negotiations but also indicates the two sides have "a long way to go."

When Rosenhaus says "long way to go," how long do you think that is? I thought something might be done by the end of the week. This makes it seem like sometime in June. Thoughts?

Rosenhaus has said he want Jason Taylor money for O-Gun. That would be an insanely expensive defensive line. The most expensive in the NFL I would venture to guess. I hope he will accept something a little less. Maybe something with more incentives or more up front money..something...otherwise, too much of the Fins money will be tied up in the defense for years to come.

Miami should just call O-gun's bluff on this one. There is NO way he sits out on a calendar year, it would be career suicide.

I like O-Gun a lot, but I feel that we need to sign Chambers to the long term deal. He has been one of the few bright spots on the offense the last three years.

That said, it would be great to have O-Gun back. O-Gun and JT make a hell of a team to keep coaches up at night.

The fact that they are talking again and exchanging numbers is a good sign. It wasn't too long ago that O-gun was seeking a trade and was basically cutting himself off of all negotiations and talks with the team. Now, they have let the air clear and are coming back to the negotiating table. It may not be fruitful, but it is the right first step to take.

time for O-gun to step up and grab rosenhaus by the balls. Sitting out won't help him, he's being offered a lucrative long term contract which is what he wanted. It might not be ALL he wanted bu this is the best he's going to get. Stand up, and put the whiny agent in his place O-gun!

Back
Top Bottom