Merged: Rosenhaus: Fins/Ogun long way from contract/Ogun Deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rosenhaus: Fins/Ogun long way from contract/Ogun Deal

rand0m said:
Miami should just call O-gun's bluff on this one. There is NO way he sits out on a calendar year, it would be career suicide.

I want candy, bubblegum and taffy
skip to the sweet shop with my sweetheart Sandy
got my pennys saved, so I'm her sugar Daddy
I'm her Hume Cronyn, she's my Jessica Tandy
I want candy

Gonna get your a$$ beat, nasty
do it to your daddy
embarrass your whole family
just cuz ya came between a kid and his candy
i want candy
any kind will do
don't care if its nutritious or FDA Approved
its gonna make me spaz like bobcats on booze
a hyperactive juice that only I can produce
and build a giant drill, and bore it straight into hell
releasing ancient demons from their sleep-forever spell
so they can walk up on the Earth, and get resituated
and hawk the diet pills MC Pee Pants have created

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thundercracker said:
I want candy, bubblegum and taffy
skip to the sweet shop with my sweetheart Sandy
got my pennys saved, so I'm her sugar Daddy
I'm her Hume Cronyn, she's my Jessica Tandy
I want candy

Gonna get your a$$ beat, nasty
do it to your daddy
embarrass your whole family
just cuz ya came between a kid and his candy
i want candy
any kind will do
don't care if its nutritious or FDA Approved
its gonna make me spaz like bobcats on booze
a hyperactive juice that only I can produce
and build a giant drill, and bore it straight into hell
releasing ancient demons from their sleep-forever spell
so they can walk up on the Earth, and get resituated
and hawk the diet pills MC Pee Pants have created

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
that seriously rocked!

rand0m said:
Miami should just call O-gun's bluff on this one. There is NO way he sits out on a calendar year, it would be career suicide.
I agree. I like Ogun and would like to have him back, but no way would I pay him Taylor money, thats just to steep, and I honestly dont think any other team will either, not until he proves it at least 1 more year. But you see, there in lies the Dilema, to do it 1 more year, he cant sit out, that would kill his value the next year, and if he plays and doesnt do it again, then his value drops, even to the Dolphins, so thats why he's pushing so hard for it now. Miami should offer him a reasonable deal for 5-7 years, and like it or leave it. If he doesnt accept it and only plays 6 games, see ya, or If he plays all year and has a great year, then see ya, or if he plays all year, and doesnt do great, Miami offers a much Smaller contract. Ogun is over a barrel, and Rosen.. knows it, that why he wants it now !

I've always felt certain posiitions SHOULD always be given incentive laiden contracts. Some positions cannot be statistically or practically measured (OLine, DT, etc), but others can be. I think those should be more incentive based contacts to help promote productivity and protect the team. In many situations, you don't see any cap savings on a yearly basis, but you do see $$$ saved or earned.
I've always hated to see players get FAT contracts and then TANK. Ogun's had 1 good and 1 great year. No reason to tip the bank. If he wants the $$$, put it in front of him and make him earn it.

Just add whatever they offered to him an extra production bonus. this many sacks gets you this. this many behind the line of scrimmage tackles gets you this. this many tackles gets you this. ect. ect. ect. Then you stick to your guns and tell them if they dont like it, take a hike.

buckeyenic007 said:
I feel that the Adewale Ogunleye situation is a tough one. He's without a doubt a great DE, one that we cannot afford to lose. With Ogunleye and Jason Taylor at DE, we have the best duo in the NFL, period. But, how big of an offer do you give to a "prospect" like Ogunleye. With only 25 total sacks, 15 of those coming from last season, in his NFL career, is it safe to offer a contract of 7-8 years like the one he demands? Don't get me wrong, I really like Ogunley, alot...but I wonder (and hope) if he can put up Pro Bowl numbers year after year,and make a long term contract worth the teams while. What do you all think???

Prospect? your crazy. He put together two very good years. Jason Taylor took three-four years to become who he became. Ogun is no doubt a proven commodity. he is defenitly no longer a "prospect". As long as we have Taylor and Ogun, we will have great team numbers year in and year out. you end up going with David Bowens, you would regret it like no tommorrow. Now, if these other young guns show up in another year like Ogun, now your talking trade.

finfan54 said:
Jason Taylor took three-four years to become who he became.

JT wasn't playing LE and didn't have anyone near as talented at the other end either. We've already seen how players who look extremely promising fail when they aren't playing opposite JT. That will always be the argument against Wale until he proves he can get it done while being THE main man.

I bet he wants about a 10 mil. signing bonus! I think he's worth it but he is the 2nd end in this Def. and usually the primary(JT) gets that kinda money.I say we need this guy.

Peppers didn't put up the numbers last year. He is awesome though.

Back
Top Bottom